Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast

Thread: I met a Marine today

Quote Originally Posted by TGS View Post
    Here's a tangential anecdote from one of the formative Marines in my life, Capt Will Lennon, 2nd LAR. He was in some sort of joint-services armored scout command school. They were presented a wargaming scenario of scouting out an area and finding an enemy mechanized/armored unit on the other side of a hill crest. The US Army Bradley officers drew up fantastical assault plans with initiating the attack with indirect fire, followed by air support, and then the Bradleys assaulting through after everything was a smoldering mess. Overwhelming firepower relying on perfectly coordinated supporting fires from multiple elements, and perfect synchronization and understanding of commander's intent among all elements.

Will, being the sole Marine in the class, flatly said "I have 25mm chain-guns. I'm going to drive to the top of the hill and shoot them."

@LittleLebowski 0313s.
    1st lar here. We used those chain guns very similary in 2010 on an actual assault. Works really well. Couple a 10 gun runs as a fuck you was added in.

Quote Originally Posted by RevolverRob View Post
    Look, I know we don't all agree on whether or not they just misspelt "Moron" when they invented "Marine". But the most important thing is - Army, Navy, Marine, Air Force - we can all agree, the Coast Guard is where the pansies go.

Afraid of deep water, amphibious assaults, or people having a good time? Join the United States Coast Guard, where you can ticket boaters for drinking beer, annoy fishermen, and be smug in the fact that though no one likes you, they tolerate you. Because they never know when they'll need rescuing.

Attachment 67344
    Yeah...about those Coasties...

Men freely believe that which they desire.
    Julius Caesar

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by Wheeler View Post
    Yeah...about those Coasties...

RevolverRob will be along shortly to describe how, from the perspective of his background slinging guns (across the sales counter) and writing papers, he would have done it better, faster, and damn it, with better Spanish.

Modding this sack of shit BehindBlueI's's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Blades View Post
    Who helps the Mods here when they need to buy a gun?
    Well, Nephrology is all edjumucated with colleges and what not. He probably does just fine. I was Army, albeit in a job with rather low intellectual qualifications, so while my lips move as I read the forms I can fill them out all by myself. Usually on the second go it's mostly right.
    Sorta around sometimes for some of your shitty mod needs.

Quote Originally Posted by Snapshot View Post
    I don't think the work here is finished because lawyers, doctors, pilots, tradespeople of all descriptions, chefs, managers, consultants, dentists, clerks, ... all of these and more deserve no less abuse than the rest.
    You know how to tell who is a doctor at the scene of an accident? He says “I’ll go get help!”

THE THIRST MUTILATOR Nephrology's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by BehindBlueI's View Post
    Well, Nephrology is all edjumucated with colleges and what not. He probably does just fine. I was Army, albeit in a job with rather low intellectual qualifications, so while my lips move as I read the forms I can fill them out all by myself. Usually on the second go it's mostly right.
    I fill out all my form 4473s exactly how I got through all 54 years of my formal education: by copying the guy next to me. Failing that, I just look confused and tearful until someone tells me what I'm supposed to write down.
    Last edited by Nephrology; 02-10-2021 at 02:52 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by TGS View Post
    Here's a tangential anecdote from one of the formative Marines in my life, Capt Will Lennon, 2nd LAR. He was in some sort of joint-services armored scout command school. They were presented a wargaming scenario of scouting out an area and finding an enemy mechanized/armored unit on the other side of a hill crest. The US Army Bradley officers drew up fantastical assault plans with initiating the attack with indirect fire, followed by air support, and then the Bradleys assaulting through after everything was a smoldering mess. Overwhelming firepower relying on perfectly coordinated supporting fires from multiple elements, and perfect synchronization and understanding of commander's intent among all elements.

Will, being the sole Marine in the class, flatly said "I have 25mm chain-guns. I'm going to drive to the top of the hill and shoot them."

@LittleLebowski 0313s.
    You know which LAV can really fuck shit up? The LAV-AD.

25mm Gatling and 8 Stingers.

#RESIST

Quote Originally Posted by LittleLebowski View Post
    You know which LAV can really fuck shit up? The LAV-AD.

25mm Gatling and 8 Stingers.

Our ATs got to fire 6 rockets. Can't imagine if we had that variant..

Quote Originally Posted by GJM View Post
    We have managed to insult Marines, the Army, Navy and Air Force, teachers and firemen, and probably other groups yet to come.
    You missed Wendy's Boyfriend...

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by hufnagel View Post
    there's a phallic Jamaica joke like that.
    Speaking of phallic jokes, one of the young ladies in my high school class said that her idea of the ideal man was a guy who had the winning lottery number tattooed on his dick, her term. When I say I worked in a tough school, I do not exaggerate. We had guys who would masturbate into a condom during class and then leave it there when they left.

User Tag List