Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Glock Inc. no longer accepting parts orders

Quote Originally Posted by ST911 View Post
    have spares before you need them.
    This is good advice. My current armorer kit has enough parts to build two complete guns if you gave me the stripped slides and stripped frames. Then you need more of the parts that will need replacement like recoil spring assemblies.

FWIW, Glockmeister and McGill both had factory gen 5 RSA's in stock, of course 50% higher than armorer prices.

The only reason I have bothered to maintain my armorer status with Glock all these years is the buying of heavily discounted parts. Based on yesterday's disappointment, I will rethink that investment when my current certification expires.

Glock is doing with parts what Federal is doing with primers, prioritizing complete pistol/ammo production. Glock parts will become available again about the same time you can find a Glock on the shelves at a LGS and 9mm ammo is less than $500/1,000.
    Likes pretty much everything in every caliber.

Quote Originally Posted by fatdog View Post
    FWIW, Glockmeister and McGill both had factory gen 5 RSA's in stock, of course 50% higher than armorer prices.
    The nice thing about RSAs is that you can get behind schedule on those with minimal effect. And many don't/can't shoot enough to run the rounds up on one.

The only reason I have bothered to maintain my armorer status with Glock all these years is the buying of heavily discounted parts. Based on yesterday's disappointment, I will rethink that investment when my current certification expires.
    This too shall pass. Keep it, and be useful to others around you.
    الدهون القاع الفتيات لك جعل العالم هزاز جولة الذهاب

I have enough extra Gen4 and Gen5 guns that I could down one of each to use as a parts donor if needed, but... this sucks.
    Ken

BBI: ...”you better not forget the safe word because shit's about to get weird”...
    revchuck38: ...”mo' ammo is mo' betta' unless you're swimming or on fire.”

I consider myself blessed, with more Glocks than I currently need, so, can get through this. Plus, I am not shooting Glocks, due to the greater need to stay away from folks who might be vectors of COVID-19, as my wife has serious underlying risk factors. So, I am not adding round count to the RSAs. I need frequent, regular live-fire to remain proficient with Glocks, so, my Glocks are not even being carried, but are waiting-out the pandemic, in the safe. (I have largely reverted to DA revolvers, as long-stroke DA is my least-perishable trigger skill. We can practice, to a limited degree, within reasonable distance, on private land, but it is a place where high round counts will ruffle some feathers.)
    Retar’d LE. Kinesthetic dufus.

Don’t tread on volcanos!

Quote Originally Posted by Rex G View Post
    I consider myself blessed, with more Glocks than I currently need, so, can get through this. Plus, I am not shooting Glocks, due to the greater need to stay away from folks who might be vectors of COVID-19, as my wife has serious underlying risk factors. So, I am not adding round count to the RSAs. I need frequent, regular live-fire to remain proficient with Glocks, so, my Glocks are not even being carried, but are waiting-out the pandemic, in the safe. (I have largely reverted to DA revolvers, as long-stroke DA is my least-perishable trigger skill. We can practice, to a limited degree, within reasonable distance, on private land, but it is a place where high round counts will ruffle some feathers.)
    For small pocket pistols, people mostly overlook the little snub nose. Yes, for bigger high capacity ones, Glock and other 9mm dominates, no doubt about it. BUT if you go down to pocket size conceal ones, snub nose is NOT inferior. You can have an aluminum frame from S&W(J frame) or Ruger that are down to 14oz or little less empty. 5 shots, absolutely reliable, about the same dimension of those polymer 9mm like Glock 43, S&W M&P Shield. In fact, the Shield is like 5oz heavier. Those are 6 or 7 rounds only, not exactly "high capacity". Snubbies compare favorably with the pocket 9mm. You have to go down to 380ACP to talk about small and light. Snubies can do 38 special +P.

Quote Originally Posted by Alan0354 View Post
    For small pocket pistols, people mostly overlook the little snub nose. Yes, for bigger high capacity ones, Glock and other 9mm dominates, no doubt about it. BUT if you go down to pocket size conceal ones, snub nose is NOT inferior. You can have an aluminum frame from S&W(J frame) or Ruger that are down to 14oz or little less empty. 5 shots, absolutely reliable, about the same dimension of those polymer 9mm like Glock 43, S&W M&P Shield. In fact, the Shield is like 5oz heavier. Those are 6 or 7 rounds only, not exactly "high capacity". Snubbies compare favorably with the pocket 9mm. You have to go down to 380ACP to talk about small and light. Snubies can do 38 special +P.
    But I would argue the small semis you mention are markedly easier to shoot well than a J frame - that’s my personal experience. The only thing I’ve found to help after four decades of J life is the Delta grip. Both of my Js wear them now.

We’re getting way off topic, though.
    Ken

BBI: ...”you better not forget the safe word because shit's about to get weird”...
    revchuck38: ...”mo' ammo is mo' betta' unless you're swimming or on fire.”

Quote Originally Posted by HeavyDuty View Post
    But I would argue the small semis you mention are markedly easier to shoot well than a J frame - that’s my personal experience. The only thing I’ve found to help after four decades of J life is the Delta grip. Both of my Js wear them now.

Ha ha, different people have different experience. I have small 25ACP and all, I don't find that big a difference. Just matter of getting used to it.

I was very gunghole on small semi, problem is my big boss cannot rack the slide no matter what, so I have to think of an alternative, they when I dust off my two S&W 36, i said to myself, ha, that's not that big!!! Then I started searching, Ruger came out with an even lighter snubbies of 13oz shooting +P, I am actually thinking about buying one for her as the 36s are all steel and it's like 20oz.(still NOT that heavy compare to 9mm pocket).

Anyway. I want to emphasis I am not putting down Glock, I just bought one last week!!!! Just saying. I am a true believer of polymer.

I think a big reason for Glock parts becoming more scarce is that 80% builds are becoming more popular.

Quote Originally Posted by HeavyDuty View Post

It is OK to drift off-topic. This is P-F.

Personally, I do not do J-Frames, much; just the rare-occasional niche gun. They started hurting, to shoot, in the Nineties, unless I used over-sized grips, so it made sense to just use bigger revolvers. The SP101 factory grip just reaches the “heel bone” of my hand, which makes all the difference.

The one thing that is luring me back to the J-Snub is the Phlster City Special, a very-well-thought-out holster, which is not made for the SP101. I have been looking into J-Frame round-to-square conversion grips.
    Retar’d LE. Kinesthetic dufus.

Don’t tread on volcanos!

User Tag List