Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast

Thread: Glock Inc. no longer accepting parts orders

For anyone looking for one, Aim Surplus has Gen5 Glock 19 RSA's in stock currently... I snagged one for the parts box. They don't have a lot of other Gen5 parts, but they do have some OEM and also their "house" brand Gen 3/4 parts in stock as well.

https://aimsurplus.com/glock-oem-rec...bly-gen-5-g19/

No affiliation... but have had no problems with Aim in the past. My order is currently being held hostage in USPS hell somewhere in OH... but I don't think that is their fault.

Having a small stock of common parts is a good idea, and Glock parts have, in the past, been cheap and accessible. Hopefully this isn't a long term change to Glocks OEM parts availability.

Quote Originally Posted by WDR View Post
    For anyone looking for one, Aim Surplus has Gen5 Glock 19 RSA's in stock currently... I snagged one for the parts box. They don't have a lot of other Gen5 parts, but they do have some OEM and also their "house" brand Gen 3/4 parts in stock as well.

https://aimsurplus.com/glock-oem-rec...bly-gen-5-g19/

No affiliation... but have had no problems with Aim in the past. My order is currently being held hostage in USPS hell somewhere in OH... but I don't think that is their fault.

Having a small stock of common parts is a good idea, and Glock parts have, in the past, been cheap and accessible. Hopefully this isn't a long term change to Glocks OEM parts availability.
    I tried to look for 9mm gen3 trigger housing, the search engine of Aimsurplus is REALLY bad. It's slow, it's all over the place. I spent over 5 mins going in circles and still not even close to find the part!!! Every time I tried to specified in the menu, it seems to erase the pass input information and start over again. I am going nowhere with the site. Finally I actually typed in "Glock 26 gen3 trigger housing", it came back with over 7 pages from frame of an assault riffle to magazines to everything. It might as well don't have a search engine and you just go through all the pages to see whether you get lucky!!!

Thoughts...

I'd not change any plans to get or retain an armorer cert (from any manufacturer) based on current market conditions. This is temporary. In fact, get as many as you can.

You can indeed get genuine G parts at places other than the factory. Many are actually genuine. Some...

Sometimes, you need a part you didn't anticipate. Most can be planned for and stocked. Plan better.
    الدهون القاع الفتيات لك جعل العالم هزاز جولة الذهاب

Quote Originally Posted by Alan0354 View Post
    the search engine of Aimsurplus is REALLY bad.
    Yeah... it's terrible. Their old site was much better, and easier to navigate.

Quote Originally Posted by ST911 View Post
    Thoughts...

I'd not change any plans to get or retain an armorer cert (from any manufacturer) based on current market conditions. This is temporary. In fact, get as many as you can.

You can indeed get genuine G parts at places other than the factory. Many are actually genuine. Some...

Sometimes, you need a part you didn't anticipate. Most can be planned for and stocked. Plan better.

^^^this.

I just ordered parts from Glock for our duty pistols...we are replacing the RSA at 5 years, per Glock recommendations. Once I finally got to someone they verified we had Glocks and that I was an armorer...and told me I was GTG...just submit the order form.

Glock rep on the phone advised they were NOT shipping to commercial...only LE.

Site Supporter
    I've noticed Glocks becoming more available in recent weeks, and the prices on forums seem to be trending down. I'm guessing that supply is slowly catching up with demand. Either way, Midwest Gun Works seems to have some spare parts available:

https://www.midwestgunworks.com/gloc...ts.html?page=3

How much of this was driven by runs on Glock parts to complete kit builds?
    "When the phone rang, Parker was in the garage, killing a man."

Midway USA, glockparts.com, and glockstore have all been getting some parts in. I recently ordered from all 3 to get a full kit of parts for my G19.4’s.

What's the life cycle of the various gen RSA? 5000?
    Taking a break from social media.

Quote Originally Posted by CCT125US View Post
    What's the life cycle of the various gen RSA? 5000?
    Roughly.

We have Gen 4’s and are switching out RSA’s, trigger springs, and a few striker safeties next year...so I’m buying them this budget year in preparation...it’ll be their fifth year of service. About 10 guns out of 60 have plating flaking off the striker safety...I called Glock and they said it was GTG...but I’m replacing them anyway.

User Tag List