Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Dude survives driving off 70 foot high overpass

Dude survives driving off 70 foot high overpass

This was posted just a few minuets ago so I don't know anything about it yet.

Edit: Link to the news story. Not much additional info. https://krdo.com/news/2021/02/08/man...nson-overpass/
    Last edited by Bigghoss; 02-08-2021 at 05:36 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by MattyD380 View Post
    Because buying cool, interesting guns I don't need isn't a decision... it's a lifestyle...

Jeez... spinal and neck injuries galore, I bet.

Quote Originally Posted by Bigghoss View Post
    This was posted just a few minuets ago so I don't know anything about it yet.

Edit: Link to the news story. Not much additional info. https://krdo.com/news/2021/02/08/man...nson-overpass/
    Holy Gleeps, what a lucky driver! It's slick out here, and cold enough that the plowed snow banks are now ice-banks.
    "If I ever needed to hunt in a tuxedo, then this would be the rifle I'd take." - okie john

"Not being able to govern events, I govern myself." - Michel De Montaigne

If that ever happened to me, I would be insufferable in social settings for the rest of my life.

“Cool story, bro. But did I ever tell you about the time I drove off a 70 foot overpass and survived?”

That guy nearly prevented me from getting Older Offspring to an important audition. Closed the freeway and backed up traffic.

Priorities.

ETA: just saw it on the news. Evidentially, according to the WI DOT, it's a "known issue."
    Last edited by Guerrero; 02-08-2021 at 07:09 PM.
    From Older Offspring after a discussion of coffee:

"If it doesn't come from the Kaffa province of Ethiopia, it's just hot roasted-bean juice."

Quote Originally Posted by Guerrero View Post

ETA: just saw it on the news. Evidentially, according to the WI DOT, it's a "known issue."
    Accidentally ramping your truck off an overpass is a "known issue"? Do they all land wheels down so they just don't worry about it?
    Because buying cool, interesting guns I don't need isn't a decision... it's a lifestyle...

Accidentally ramping your truck off an overpass is a "known issue"? Do they all land wheels down so they just don't worry about it?
    Happens a couple times a year.
    From Older Offspring after a discussion of coffee:

"If it doesn't come from the Kaffa province of Ethiopia, it's just hot roasted-bean juice."

Quote Originally Posted by Guerrero View Post
    Happens a couple times a year.
    I like it, obviously they did a cost benefit analysis and determined that it was cheaper to keep her just the way she (the roadway) is.

On a serious note, I hope the driver's spinal cord is intact.

Site Supporter
    Known issue?!?! That's some crazy B.S. Criminally negligent sounds more like it.

Quote Originally Posted by rd62 View Post
    Known issue?!?! That's some crazy B.S. Criminally negligent sounds more like it.
    Where else you gonna get to pull a minty Dukes of Hazzard and have it make the news without going to jail? Just land wheels down and you'll probably make an almost full recovery.

User Tag List