Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Literal smash and grab in San Francisco

Literal smash and grab in San Francisco

#RESIST

Huh. Seems kinda ‘unrandom’ to have a dude jump out, smash the rear window of a car and snatch a large bag which happens to be right there in the car.

Agreed.
    There's nothing civil about this war.

Read: Harrison Bergeron

Yeah, somebody leaked the contents of that hatch to the bad actors. Cameras and a drone? I’d be curious as to what level of gear we are talking about; my bet is not consumer or prosumer.

Or somebody randomly saw them get into the car and dump the bags in the trunk. I suppose it could happen.

ETA, any guesses on what the smash n grabber dropped out the door the first time he opened it?
    ”But in the end all of these ideas just manufacture new criminals when the problem isn't a lack of criminals.” -JRB

I would generally agree that it seems odd that someone would know that there is something worth stealing at a random moment, except for the fact that it it SF.

This crap in epidemic there. I was teaching in SF a couple of years ago, and my host - the owner of TAD, said under no circumstances should I leave anything in view in an unattended car. The transient druggies will break a car window for anything, even something as mundane as a hoodie or even a bottle of Diet Pepsi. Residents there even in the "nice" areas are used to car break ins even parked in the driveway or in front of their home. The prior year Brett said that SF had the highest per capita car break ins of any city in the country, and at the time it was getting worse, and this is a couple of years ago. I doubt a city that lets homeless people take a dump in the street in broad daylight is going to be doing anything to stop these thefts, so I don't think this video shows anything more than what it probably is - a random act in the moment.
    For info about training or to contact me:
    Immediate Action Combatives

SFPD use to have a unit that would go around catching these shitheads who typically drove around jumped out and broke into unoccupied cars looking for items in view or Bluetooth signals, they dissolved that unit awhile back. Looks like the criminals are emboldened.

Glock Collective Assimile Suvorov's Avatar
    Escapee from the SF Bay Area now living on the Front Range of Colorado.
    Quote Originally Posted by Cecil Burch View Post
    I would generally agree that it seems odd that someone would know that there is something worth stealing at a random moment, except for the fact that it it SF.

This crap in epidemic there. I was teaching in SF a couple of years ago, and my host - the owner of TAD, said under no circumstances should I leave anything in view in an unattended car. The transient druggies will break a car window for anything, even something as mundane as a hoodie or even a bottle of Diet Pepsi. Residents there even in the "nice" areas are used to car break ins even parked in the driveway or in front of their home. The prior year Brett said that SF had the highest per capita car break ins of any city in the country, and at the time it was getting worse, and this is a couple of years ago. I doubt a city that lets homeless people take a dump in the street in broad daylight is going to be doing anything to stop these thefts, so I don't think this video shows anything more than what it probably is - a random act in the moment.
    That’s what happens when the most conservative candidates have “D’S” by there name. The radical left have ruined one of the most beautiful cities in the world. Breaks my heart really.

Quote Originally Posted by Suvorov View Post
    That’s what happens when the most conservative candidates have “D’S” by there name. The radical left have ruined one of the most beautiful cities in the world. Breaks my heart really.
    I couldn't agree with you more. I lived there briefly in the mid 70's and it was, at the time, my favorite city in the country.
    There's nothing civil about this war.

Read: Harrison Bergeron

Quote Originally Posted by Suvorov View Post

My parents went to Balboa and were born in SF like myself, one of the best cities in the world is now trash

My understanding from a news story is that they were observed using the equipment and stowing it in the back, and then followed.
    Ken

BBI: ...”you better not forget the safe word because shit's about to get weird”...
    revchuck38: ...”mo' ammo is mo' betta' unless you're swimming or on fire.”

User Tag List