Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: N Frame Grips for Small Hands

N Frame Grips for Small Hands

Okay, I have this Model 27 incoming and want to get some grips and a good leather holster. Everyone seems to recommend Ahrends grips, but they are now out of business. Any alternatives that aren't unobtanium?

Quote Originally Posted by CLaw View Post
    Okay, I have this Model 27 incoming and want to get some grips and a good leather holster. Everyone seems to recommend Ahrends grips, but they are now out of business. Any alternatives that aren't unobtanium?
    Last time I actually measured, the rubber hogue monogrips (Round-to-square-conversion) between the finger grooves have the exact same circumference as the K/L monogrips. I doubt you're going to get smaller.

VZ Boot Grips (stocks to be correct) perhaps.
    I had an ER nurse in a class. I noticed she kept taking all head shots. Her response when asked why, "'I've seen too many people who have been shot in the chest putting up a fight in the ER." Point taken.

Glove size is M to L, depending. My 5" 629 wears boot grips (exposed back 'n bottom). They work just fine, and you can't get much smaller due to frame size. Pretty sure boot grips would work as well for those with smaller hands.

Site Supporter
    I've always thought the best "small" grip configuration for an N-frame was a set of Magnas and a grip adapter.

Back in the 1970s when I was in the academy the factory target stocks were big and uncomfortable on my M28-2. I found an old Pachmyer grip-adapter in a used grips/stocks bin at a local gun shop and paid like $1.50 for it. That's what got me though the academy and I shot Expert in qualification.

You can still find used grip-adapters or wait a long time to get one from Tyler-T. There's also BK Grips' one size fits all adapters that aren't bad at all.

Dave

Thx. VZ seems like an option that is in-stock, but I was hoping to get something in wood. I'd try the T-grip, but they seem as difficult to get as wood grips from out of business companies...

The JM Grips from Hogue are pretty svelte and available for round or square butt guns. Smallest would likely be Spegel Boot Grips.
    The first indication a bad guy should have that I'm dangerous is when his
    disembodied soul is looking down at his own corpse wondering what happened.

Quote Originally Posted by CLaw View Post
    Thx. VZ seems like an option that is in-stock, but I was hoping to get something in wood. I'd try the T-grip, but they seem as difficult to get as wood grips from out of business companies...
    BK grip adapters are the way to go nowadays. Shipping is quick.
    The first indication a bad guy should have that I'm dangerous is when his
    disembodied soul is looking down at his own corpse wondering what happened.

Site Supporter
    I have a rosewood Hogue monogrip on my only N. Larger than average hands, but factory N target grips are not really workable. The Hogue works, and the Altamonts I had before were okay, too.

If you want the Cadillac of stocks, I like these:
    http://www.herrettstocks.com/roper.htm

I prefer the Jordan Troopers for magnums. Herretts are worth the money and the wait.

User Tag List