Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: N Frame Grips for Small Hands

Wear a size 9 glove, K frames are a great fit and Ns are a stretch.Love to shoot N frames and have found the VZs, either square butt or round butt work great. For 357 N frames I get the aggressively checkered ones and for the 44s I get the smoother ones. Fit is great and good function.

Altamont makes a copy of the old Magnas that Smith used way back when for N frame and a BK grip adapter or Tyler T grip is the smallest girth setup for N frame. The Altamonts they also give the greatest trigger finger reach. https://www.altamontco.com/pistol-gr...sson/n-square/

Scroll down to the "Classic Panels"

Size 8 gloves, Grashorn stags, no bark, BK Grip adapter.
    Per my request, Patrick did a little "extra" downsizing on them, pure perfection for me.
    "And for a regular dude I’m maybe okay...but what I learned is if there’s a door, I’m going out it not in it"-Duke
    "Just because a girl sleeps with her brother doesn't mean she's easy..."-Blues

Eagle Grips has a variety. If you want small grips, they make very small grips for the N Frame RB with the Secret Service model. I have a pair on my 327 Night Guard.

https://www.eaglegrips.com/175-secret-service-series

Quote Originally Posted by jh9 View Post
    Last time I actually measured, the rubber hogue monogrips (Round-to-square-conversion) between the finger grooves have the exact same circumference as the K/L monogrips. I doubt you're going to get smaller.
    Stocks with finger grooves and small hands are, in my opinion, never a good fit. The spacing of the grooves is always designed more for the average hand size.
    IDPA SSP classification: Sharpshooter
    F.A.S.T. classification: Intermediate

Quote Originally Posted by medmo View Post
    Eagle Grips has a variety. If you want small grips, they make very small grips for the N Frame RB with the Secret Service model. I have a pair on my 327 Night Guard.

https://www.eaglegrips.com/175-secret-service-series
    +1 they seem pretty small to me. I assume the OP Model 27 is a square butt which limits options from some of the companies.

Name:  IMG_0078.jpg
Views: 468
Size:  38.3 KB
    “Remember, being healthy is basically just dying as slowly as possible,” Ricky Gervais

Thanks. I have Magnas and BK grip adapter incoming to try. The hate that I can’t get a pair of Ahrends Retro target grips. People seem to universally praise them. VZs look like the ticket, but am I horrible for wanting wood stocks (did I get that right over grips?) instead of something synthetic?

Anyone have the Altamont Roper grips?

Quote Originally Posted by CLaw View Post
    Thanks. I have Magnas and BK grip adapter incoming to try. The hate that I can’t get a pair of Ahrends Retro target grips. People seem to universally praise them. VZs look like the ticket, but am I horrible for wanting wood stocks (did I get that right over grips?) instead of something synthetic?

Anyone have the Altamont Roper grips?
    I have a set of Ahrends retro bananas if you’re interested. They’re tung-oil-finished bloodwood and look spectacular on a blued gun.

I suffer from stubby fingers myself and find the Hogue JMs work well for me. They’re thin & rounded, but fill the gap behind the trigger guard well so I can get the grip I like: high & tight.

The bananas are too skinny, IMO. They need a little more meat on the front of the grip frame and back of the TG so that the weight of the gun is on the middle finger and your trigger finger isn’t extended way out by itself. But they looked damn good on my M-24 when I tried them.

Quote Originally Posted by jtcarm View Post
    I have a set of Ahrends retro bananas if you’re interested. They’re tung-oil-finished bloodwood and look spectacular on a blued gun.

I suffer from stubby fingers myself and find the Hogue JMs work well for me. They’re thin & rounded, but fill the gap behind the trigger guard well so I can get the grip I like: high & tight.

The bananas are too skinny, IMO. They need a little more meat on the front of the grip frame and back of the TG so that the weight of the gun is on the middle finger and your trigger finger isn’t extended way out by itself. But they looked damn good on my M-24 when I tried them.
    Thanks for the offer. The bananas are round butt though, and my 27 will be a square butt. A few folks mentioned the JMs. I might try a set of those as well, though I wish I could get them without the initials...

Quote Originally Posted by CLaw View Post
    A few folks mentioned the JMs. I might try a set of those as well, though I wish I could get them without the initials...
    Miculek used to sell a version without the obnoxious huge logo in his shop. (Naturally no international sales so I never got to try them.) I see the current selection all have the logo on them, but perhaps you can find a set of the older stocks on the secondary market?
    IDPA SSP classification: Sharpshooter
    F.A.S.T. classification: Intermediate

Revolvers Revolvers 1911s Stephanie B's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by LtDave View Post
    BK grip adapters are the way to go nowadays. Shipping is quick.
    I'll second this. I've bought a lot of them and one Tyler. BK shipped fast (if it's available, he ships in a day or so). Tyler came two months after ordering and for that, I'm actually thankful. Tyler shipping horror stories are rife here and elsewhere.
    If we have to march off into the next world, let us walk there on the bodies of our enemies.

User Tag List