Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Prisoners take over St Louis jail

https://nypost.com/2021/02/07/rep-co...uis-jail-riot/

A Democratic congresswoman from Missouri sparked a backlash over the weekend when she wrote in support of rioters at a St. Louis jail.​

Inmates at the City Justice Center​ broke windows, started fires and tossed debris onto the sidewalk for hours beginning early Saturday morning after a prisoner and a guard got into a scuffle.

The unrest continued until ​guards using tear gas took back control of the facility.

“​’​A riot is the language of the unheard​,’​” ​Rep. Cori Bush wrote, quoting the Rev. Martin Luther King Jr.

“​I want to talk to my constituents in the window. Their lives and their rights must be protected​,” Bush said. “​My team and I are working to ensure that the urgent needs of people who are incarcerated are not ignored.​”​​

One of the Twitter users ripping Bush questioned her reaction, given what she said after the Jan. 6 Capitol riots, when supporters of former President Donald Trump stormed past law-enforcement officials and entered the federal building, ransacking congressional offices and causing lawmakers to flee to safe locations.​​

“​Exactly a month ago you were saying riots were dangerous and a threat to democracy. Good to know that riots are OK now​,” posted Naomi Mathew.​
    #RESIST

Quote Originally Posted by Mark D View Post
    The article uses a lot of words, but studiously avoids "riot".
    Mostly peaceful.
    In the P-F basket of deplorables.

^^^^^

This calls for the...

There's nothing civil about this war.

I remember the days of flooded ranges and flying burning toilet paper. I don't miss them a bit. What would solve a lot of this would just to turn off the water and just let them live in their mess for a few days, but the federal courts would find the state guilty of violating inmates rights.

Quote Originally Posted by LittleLebowski View Post
    I cannot comment within the COC.

Same mentality as those "people" who burned down their towns in "protest" this past year.

As for letting them out en masse after defunding the police, all I can say is, Rule 308.
    Rules to live by: 1. Eat meat, 2. Shoot guns, 3. Fire, 4. Gasoline, 5. Make juniors
    TDA: Learn it. Live it. Love it.... Read these: People Management Triggers 1, 2, 3
    If anyone sees a broken image of mine, please PM me.

Portland....

If they call it a “riot” in Portland...
    https://www.koin.com/news/health/cor...tokes-tension/

User Tag List