Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Prisoners take over St Louis jail

Prisoners take over St Louis jail

https://www.stltoday.com/news/local/...b83cee8a8.html

ST. LOUIS — A faulty locking system allowed inmates at a downtown city jail to escape their cells Saturday before freeing other “very violent people” who then caused widespread damage on a floor of the jail, including smashing exterior windows and sending flaming debris to the sidewalk below, city officials said.

About 115 inmates took control of the fourth floor of the City Justice Center, where they set fires, clogged toilets, flooded parts of the floor and caused other damage, officials said.

Dozens of people gathered to watch from across Tucker Boulevard as a group of inmates threw chairs and other items out of the building and smashed nearby windows while flames could be seen growing behind them. The scene was livestreamed by onlookers and carried on Facebook Live and other social platforms.
    #RESIST

Last edited by SD; 02-07-2021 at 01:41 PM.

Site Supporter
    Ah yes, nothing like the resounding eloquence of clogging a toilet as a way to get your point across. I don’t miss those days.

Quote Originally Posted by Le Français View Post
    clogging a toilet as a way to get your point across.
    Damn. Didn't realize we were supposed to have a point.

They are clearly "not taking thier shit anymore"
    Come, mother, come! For terror is thy name, death is in thy breath, and every shaking step destroys a world for e'er. Thou 'time', the all-destroyer! Come, O mother, come!

Site Supporter
    I was impressed by the keen logic of “We’re locked in on the 4th floor - let’s start some fires.”

(I’m hearing Beavis and Butthead saying “Fire heh, heh” in my head right now)

I am very sure this was Trump's fault.

Let us please pursue the efforts of defunding our police. Let's just go ahead and let most of these folks out of jail in the first place. I am sure they are just misunderstood and were mistreated by society anyway. Everyone needs a 15th or 16th chance.
    "Rich," the Old Man said dreamily, "is a little whiskey to drink and some food to eat and a roof over your head and a fish pole and a boat and a gun and a dollar for a box of shells." Robert Ruark

Quote Originally Posted by GyroF-16 View Post
    I was impressed by the keen logic of “We’re locked in on the 4th floor - let’s start some fires.”
    )
    And make it so we have nowhere to pee or poop...
    Do unto others as you would have them do unto you.

Quote Originally Posted by Shotgun View Post
    I am very sure this was Trump's fault.

Let us please pursue the efforts of defunding our police. Let's just go ahead and let most of these folks out of jail in the first place. I am sure they are just misunderstood and were mistreated by society anyway. Everyone needs a 15th or 16th chance.
    You forgot we're also supposed to let them vote.

The article uses a lot of words, but studiously avoids "riot".

User Tag List