Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Maryland Shooting

I believe this is the shooting?

#RESIST

Quote Originally Posted by Tom Givens View Post
    Oops! This video has been removed for violating our Terms of Service.

Quote Originally Posted by LittleLebowski View Post

Correct

#RESIST

Quote Originally Posted by BehindBlueI's View Post
    The guy drops in 5 seconds from the first shot, and we don't know where it hit. Let's assume it was a perfect center punch through the heart. As I figure you already know, even if your heart is damaged to the point of being non-functional you have enough oxygen in the blood already in your brain to act for several seconds. While not taking away from the main point you need to be prepared for the aftermath of the first shot not working, it's wrong to assume the additional shots to the torso made much (or any) difference in how long he took to go down. For example, an officer was ambushed, took a .380 through the opening in his vest, through a lung, and through the heart. A fatal wound, doubtlessly, and from just one hit. Yet he realized where the suspect was, oriented to him, and almost emptied his own magazine firing at his ambusher, striking him multiple times.
    This. That was actually a pretty fast result for round hitting timers rather than switches. The only way to guarantee the suspect would have stopped any faster would have been a round hitting the CNS. At the range this shooting happened, a CNS shot was likely well within the skill level of the deputy but the shots to the torso did end up stopping the subject.
    My posts only represent my personal opinion and do not necessarily reflect the opinions or official policies of any employer, past or present. Obvious spelling errors are likely the result of an iPhone keyboard.

President Biden would have shot him in the leg, of course.

https://www.wusa9.com/article/news/l...4-a882007608dd

When the deputy arrived, he saw the man approaching two people with a large wooden stick, according to Sheriff Darren Popkin. When the deputy intervened, the deputy and the man began fighting, and the man struck the deputy at least once with the piece of wood.

The deputy attempted to deploy his Taser, according to Popkin. When he wasn't successful, the deputy shot the man, the sheriff said.

The man was pronounced dead at the scene, and the deputy was taken to a local hospital for treatment. He's expected to be OK. Sheriff Popkin said he's expected to be released from the hospital Saturday.

The sheriff's deputy has not yet been identified by the sheriff's office, nor has the man who was shot. It's not clear yet what was causing the man to act erratically.

Montgomery County Police are handling the investigation. Sheriff Popkin said the deputy was wearing a body camera, but did not say whether it was recording at the time of the incident.

The deputy will be placed on administrative leave once he's released from the hospital while the investigation continues.
    #RESIST

Quote Originally Posted by LittleLebowski View Post

That guy looked like Vincent Schiavellli's ghost: https://youtu.be/cjkkKO5Gsno?t=18

Quote Originally Posted by DanM View Post
    At the range this shooting happened, a CNS shot was likely well within the skill level of the deputy but the shots to the torso did end up stopping the subject.
    I am not sure this is true. the officer only had one hand on the gun and looked to be using more body index rather than his sights. Not sure he could hit the occular window on an advancing target, while backing up, with those skills.
    "To achieve any significant technological breakthrough, much Derp must be endured." -Rich@CCC
    "Your shotgun is running a bit frenetic, you should add some lavender to your lubricant, that should calm it down." -Aray, Oils and Lotions SME

-deleted-
    There's nothing civil about this war.

Read: Harrison Bergeron

Quote Originally Posted by Wendell View Post
    That guy looked like Vincent Schiavellli's ghost: https://youtu.be/cjkkKO5Gsno?t=18
    Vincent Schiavelli grew up in my wife's neighborhood. He was strange even then...according to my wife and brother / sister in law.
    There's nothing civil about this war.

Read: Harrison Bergeron

User Tag List