Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

Thread: Maryland Shooting

Quote Originally Posted by ST911 View Post
    The narration was...interesting.
    He definitely let his racism shine through.

Regarding the video... I’ve had unpleasant dreams that were similar.
    Last edited by El Cid; 02-08-2021 at 06:39 PM.

Perhaps I am seeing it incorrectly, but watching the relevant bits frame-by-frame, it appeared that several small holes began to appear right in the round bullseye-shaped circle on the chest during the incident. Not that it would be some particular feat of marksmanship at that range, but I gather several rounds went where one would try to place them.

Assailant went down in a "reasonable" amount of time, it is just the proximity and slow walk that made this seem so different. Curious about the interaction in the seconds leading up to this.

Removing the audio, this could be an interesting teaching moment for all the "why did you have to shoot him" why did you not taser him" "all he had was a knife/stick/bat/hammer" crowd. With the audio, it could be an interesting teaching moment for other things.

I predict the internet is about to be deluged with "Shoot his ass!" GIFS and memes.
    Last edited by jd950; 02-09-2021 at 10:04 AM.

Along with the previous post.....

I'm shocked by how many people here find the events in the video surprising. I would understand if you are a typical idiot who's only seen cool movies with gun fights. (Libs and the press)

if you're questioning shot placement how would it have been if the guy was 15 ft away charging with a machete.

Service caliber handguns are not magic.

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by jd950 View Post
    Curious about the interaction in the seconds leading up to this.

Removing the audio, this could be an interesting teaching moment for all the "why did you have to shoot him" why did you not taser him"...crowd.

From post #16 in this thread...

Quote Originally Posted by LittleLebowski View Post
    https://www.wusa9.com/article/news/l...4-a882007608dd

When the deputy arrived, he saw the man approaching two people with a large wooden stick, according to Sheriff Darren Popkin. When the deputy intervened, the deputy and the man began fighting, and the man struck the deputy at least once with the piece of wood.

The deputy attempted to deploy his Taser, according to Popkin. When he wasn't successful, the deputy shot the man, the sheriff said.

The man was pronounced dead at the scene, and the deputy was taken to a local hospital for treatment. He's expected to be OK. Sheriff Popkin said he's expected to be released from the hospital Saturday.

The sheriff's deputy has not yet been identified by the sheriff's office, nor has the man who was shot. It's not clear yet what was causing the man to act erratically.

Montgomery County Police are handling the investigation. Sheriff Popkin said the deputy was wearing a body camera, but did not say whether it was recording at the time of the incident.

The deputy will be placed on administrative leave once he's released from the hospital while the investigation continues.

Quote Originally Posted by kwb377 View Post
    From post #16 in this thread...
    Thanks. I am curious about what was said by both, demeanor of assailant just before video, whether he had stick and had dropped it before picking it up again, etc., as would/will be shown in the BWC. Curious as to the dynamics of the situation as they may have affected Deputy's approach, positioning, etc. Would also like to have a better idea about the ineffective taser deployment and transition to firearm.

Hopefully BWC will be available soon and will be educational.

NSDQ

as they say.

Quote Originally Posted by JJN View Post
    as they say.
    I thought the exact same thing when I saw the guy’s shirt.

I’m still wondering what led to this psychotic break.
    #RESIST

Quote Originally Posted by LittleLebowski View Post
    I’m still wondering what led to this psychotic break.
    I wouldn't be surprised if this was a diabetic reaction. I dealt with similar incidents several times over my career. Fortunately, only one turned into a lethal encounter.
    We may lose and we may win, but we will never be here again.......

The victim was identified.

https://wjla.com/news/local/police-i...-crashes-in-md

You can find his LinkedIn profile. It looks like he did a lot of cyber security for various places around the beltway, but there is no military experience on his profile (although it is possible early in his career). He was relatively young (early 50s) to be retired. His resume looks very typical of people in the DC area, and none of those jobs look like anything that would make him wealthy.

User Tag List