Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Y'all, is there a DA/SA pistol with a grip angle like a Glock?

Pardini GT9 and the extinct Benelli B76.
    Those may have too much rake, into Luger territory but worth a look if they are in your budget or search range.
    Code Name: JET STREAM

Sorry, not trying to be a smack-ass, but I have to ask. Why?

Quote Originally Posted by medmo View Post
    Sorry, not trying to be a smack-ass, but I have to ask. Why?
    I would think that the person may have experience shooting Glocks and would like to try a different platform. They may want to transfer to DA/SA feeling more comfortable with it for carrying and handling.

Quote Originally Posted by camsdaddy View Post
    I would think that the person may have experience shooting Glocks and would like to try a different platform. They may want to transfer to DA/SA feeling more comfortable with it for carrying and handling.
    My first thought is a Glock with a SCD. I know the SCD was a game changer for me, even after a gazillion years as a Glock user.
    Ken

BBI: ...”you better not forget the safe word because shit's about to get weird”...
    revchuck38: ...”mo' ammo is mo' betta' unless you're swimming or on fire.”

That's what I suspect as well. Thumbing the hammer while holstering and knowing the springs are basically at rest with the hammer down are really nice features. A condition 3 carrier may find the transition easier (mentally) to condition 1 with a TDA. Gadget is great but hammer is even better for holstering feedback.

Quote Originally Posted by HeavyDuty View Post
    My first thought is a Glock with a SCD. I know the SCD was a game changer for me, even after a gazillion years as a Glock user.
    I’m surprised that striker control device isn’t made for a bunch more brands of pistols instead of just Glocks. If it wasn’t for that extreme grip angle, I could actually see myself owning a Glock just because of that little invention.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by corneileous View Post
    I’m surprised that striker control device isn’t made for a bunch more brands of pistols instead of just Glocks. If it wasn’t for that extreme grip angle, I could actually see myself owning a Glock just because of that little invention.

It's not that easy. The Glock's dead simple design allows for a dead simple solution, the SCD. Add in striker indicators, fully tensioned strikers, and other such complications and designing a simple and functional SCD becomes a real issue. Then factor in Glock's popularity... the potential sales of all the other SCD's combined would probably be less than just the Glock models sold now.
    If it won't make a profit it can't be made.

Quote Originally Posted by GearFondler View Post
    It's not that easy. The Glock's dead simple design allows for a dead simple solution, the SCD. Add in striker indicators, fully tensioned strikers, and other such complications and designing a simple and functional SCD becomes a real issue. Then factor in Glock's popularity... the potential sales of all the other SCD's combined would probably be less than just the Glock models sold now.
    If it won't make a profit it can't be made.
    Hmm. Well, at least they can be made for probably the most popular pistol in America.

Respectfully, it sounds like someone is totally okay with change as long as everything stays the same. Switching from their comfort zone SFA to a TDA, which will require practice and training to achieve proficiency, will be the significant change which will out shadow everything else. Even if there was a pistol dimensionally the same as a Glock with a TDA their will be a significant learning curve. That would be a cool pistol. Are you listening Gaston? A G19 sized pistol that is TDA is a Beretta Px4 Compact Carry. I have it, carry it and am very proficient with it. I also have a G5 G19 also and shoot it very well. I'm not boasting, saying I'm awesome or a freak of nature or anything like that and would guess over all I'm pretty average. My point is that with some range time, dry firing, muscle memory it's possible to switch, and even switch back and forth between platforms successfully. Embrace change. Get out of the comfort zone and have some fun.

Quote Originally Posted by medmo View Post
    Respectfully, it sounds like someone is totally okay with change as long as everything stays the same. Switching from their comfort zone SFA to a TDA, which will require practice and training to achieve proficiency, will be the significant change which will out shadow everything else. Even if there was a pistol dimensionally the same as a Glock with a TDA their will be a significant learning curve. That would be a cool pistol. Are you listening Gaston? A G19 sized pistol that is TDA is a Beretta Px4 Compact Carry. I have it, carry it and am very proficient with it. I also have a G5 G19 also and shoot it very well. I'm not boasting, saying I'm awesome or a freak of nature or anything like that and would guess over all I'm pretty average. My point is that with some range time, dry firing, muscle memory it's possible to switch, and even switch back and forth between platforms successfully. Embrace change. Get out of the comfort zone and have some fun.
    Back in ‘95 or so when I picked up bass again after a 15 year hiatus, I was extremely sensitive to nut width and scale length. Vary either, and I was a dumpster fire. But something funny happened after I was back playing for a few years and woodshedding hard - I lost that sensitivity. J, P, Stingray, Sterling, four string, five string, 30”, 32” 34”, 35” scale - it didn’t much matter after a few minutes playing. And I’ve kept that ability to suck on almost any bass.

Shooting handguns is similar for me. After this many years, I shoot most any handgun as shitty as the next. I don’t even notice grip angle anymore.

I think holding out for a TDA with the same grip angle as a Glock is a waste of time. More trigger time (dry or hot) will quickly resolve any issues.
    Ken

BBI: ...”you better not forget the safe word because shit's about to get weird”...
    revchuck38: ...”mo' ammo is mo' betta' unless you're swimming or on fire.”

User Tag List