Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 4567 LastLast

Thread: Considerations for red dots on slimline pistols

Yeah, the K with the circle will have a shorter battery life, but since mine spends at least 8-15 hours a day in a safe, I'm expecting to get at least a year out of it (that would only be 8750 hours).

I keep mine at 4 pushes down from max most of the time. But I carry mostly in the evening and never with a weapon light.

Quote Originally Posted by evi1joe View Post
    Yeah, the K with the circle will have a shorter battery life, but since mine spends at least 8-15 hours a day in a safe, I'm expecting to get at least a year out of it (that would only be 8750 hours).

I keep mine at 4 pushes down from max most of the time. But I carry mostly in the evening and never with a weapon light.
    Since the K has only manual and no solar, why would being in the safe improve battery life, unless you turn it off each time you park it there?
    Likes pretty much everything in every caliber.

Quote Originally Posted by GJM View Post
    Since the K has only manual and no solar, why would being in the safe improve battery life, unless you turn it off each time you park it there?
    The 507K X2 has the after-10-minutes sleep mode which, I think, the pre-X2 did not. (Actually verifying that on the one I literally just finished mounting on my P365.) Replacing a Shield RMSw, the lens of which was getting pretty buggered up, even though I cleaned it with my photo stuff (air, microfiber, etc).

Quote Originally Posted by flyrodr View Post
    The 507K X2 has the after-10-minutes sleep mode which, I think, the pre-X2 did not. (Actually verifying that on the one I literally just finished mounting on my P365.) Replacing a Shield RMSw, the lens of which was getting pretty buggered up, even though I cleaned it with my photo stuff (air, microfiber, etc).
    Learning has occurred! Just read the manual and confirmed the sleep mode.
    Likes pretty much everything in every caliber.

The V1 also has auto shut off, 10 minutes to 12 hours, and shake awake.

Yeah, I love the auto on/off--should easily get the circle to a year I think.
    NOTE: my two 507Ks are V1, and the funny thing is, they ALSO have "lockout" mode (by holding the + for 3 seconds).

Holosun was advertising the V2 as having a "lockout mode" as if that were the improvement, when we all know it was that the lawsuit from Trijicon made them move the easy to push buttons to a harder to get to spot (and they're tiny now). I love the V1s, but the V2 buttons don't bother me since I don't change the settings very often.
    ----

ALSO-->
    The SENTINEL only has the flicker in the higher settings; however, there's a HUGE brightness difference between 5 pushes down from MAX and 6 pushes down from MAX.
    At 5 pushes, I can see the dot well in any lighting but it flickers horribly. However, at 6 pushes, it doesn't flicker at all, but it gets too dim to see except for target shooting indoors (or overcast). Ideally, there'd be a sweet spot setting between them that would be bright enough but not flicker. At 5 presses down, I see 3-6 dots as I move the gun from target to target (or just jiggle it).

Just went back to the Holosun web page. The X2 had two improvements: 1) a lockout feature to prevent +/- buttons from inadvertently getting moved after they're set; and 2) relocation of the buttons somewhat lower. As @DMCutter noted, auto shutoff was already there on the first gen.

(And, verified, carried out the trash, and came back to find my 507K had gone to sleep. Pretty sure you're not required to carry out the trash first. I'll check that later.)

Quote Originally Posted by flyrodr View Post
    Just went back to the Holosun web page. The X2 had two improvements: 1) a lockout feature to prevent +/- buttons from inadvertently getting moved after they're set; and 2) relocation of the buttons somewhat lower.
    For the record, Holosun pushed the "lockout" as part of the new X2, but in reality, the X1 of the 507K and the 407K both had the lockout feature all along.
    All you do is hold the + button for 3-4 seconds, the reticle blinks, and then the buttons are locked out until you repeat that...so it wasn't a new feature.

All they really did was move the buttons since Trijicon was suing them for putting nice big buttons on the side, which they somehow patented.
    IF Swampfox was outselling and out-innovating them by a large margin, I'm sure they'd sue them since their sights (like the Sentinel) ALSO have large buttons, and it's much more similar to the RMR button design than anything Holosun did (both buttons on one side).

I am thinking pretty seriously if direct milling my shield plus for a 507k. Atei is close and have had nothing but perfection from them. But I’ll have to check lead time.

I think that these slimline could really benefit from a rds.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Site Supporter
    Has anyone here put any real time in behind an RMRcc yet? I'm still interested in hearing more about that option for mounting on a 365. I want to like the 507k, but I am a big fan of the auto-adjust brightness on my regular RMRs (have never had to touch the buttons using it to dry fire in a dark house or outside in bright summer Texas sun) and I just can't get over it being Chinese.

User Tag List