Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: High Power Magazine Base Plates

Site Supporter

High Power Magazine Base Plates

During my recent foray into the Rabbit Hole which is the Browning High Power (Tokarev Warned Me). I have found like many that High Power Magazines are sharp and square. I researched and could not find any available Base Plates. During my research I found information from the late Stephen Camp that Beretta 92 Base Plates work. I ordered several from Beretta and tried them. They work perfectly on my factory magazine, as well as my Mec Gar magazines. However they do stick out quite a bit from the front strap when inserted in the pistol. My solution was to trim the front of the plates on my band saw (watch your fingers, as there's not much to hold on to). Dremel and sand the edges and radius the corners and install on the mags. As you can see from the photos, the unaltered plates have a opening in them which gives a perfect reference point to make the cut. They fit and function well and solve the issues I had with the mags. They also give more purchase when drawing a magazine from your pouch during a reload. I may radius the front corners a bit more to more closely follow the contour of the front strap of the pistol. Hope this helps.

Name:  Mag Base 1.jpg
Views: 338
Size:  17.6 KBName:  Mag Base 2.jpg
Views: 322
Size:  28.8 KB

Name:  Mag Base 3.jpg
Views: 344
Size:  100.7 KBName:  Mag Base 4.jpg
Views: 371
Size:  55.9 KB
    Be Aware-Stay Safe. Gunfighting Is A Thinking Man's Game. So We Might Want To Bring Thinking Back Into It.

Not sure how I feel about the Belgians adopting the Italians. Sort of a redheaded stepchild?😁

I think I am going to ask my friend with a mill to do that for me. I hate getting gashed and scratched but I also hate the overhang.

That silver chrome is nice.

There’s a pair of fixed sight two tone practicals at a shop I stop in every now and then.

I was tempted, but I know better.

Another option is to dehorn the factory base pads with a file and some sandpaper. The back corners respond quite well to a gentle radius. Finish up with a little cold blue.

BTW nice heater.

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by Tokarev View Post
    Another option is to dehorn the factory base pads with a file and some sandpaper. The back corners respond quite well to a gentle radius. Finish up with a little cold blue.

BTW nice heater.
    Thanks
    I have Novak sights and a C&S Single Side Safety on the way. I already replaced every spring with BH Spring Solutions Springs.
    Be Aware-Stay Safe. Gunfighting Is A Thinking Man's Game. So We Might Want To Bring Thinking Back Into It.

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by M2CattleCo View Post

There’s a pair of fixed sight two tone practicals at a shop I stop in every now and then.

Go for it. You know you want too.... or Two.....

Quote Originally Posted by M2CattleCo View Post

Do tell. (via PM, if you wish).
    "It's surprising how often you start wondering just how featureless a desert some people's inner landscapes must be."
    -Maple Syrup Actual

Have the "mousetrap spring" magazines completely vanished? I always thought those were kind of a neat contraption...

I have not seen new mousetrap mags for sale in years. It was a thing back during the ban since they were all 10 rounders. Some of the 10 rounders I have seen for sale have the cutout for it, but no spring.

User Tag List