Thread: High Ride AIWB holster

High Ride AIWB holster

I'm looking for suggestions on an AIWB with a high ride height, preferably produced by one of our site-endorsed holster makers. Need one that's RDS compatible.

This is me wearing my JMCK WC 2.0 with DCC clips set to the highest ride height. For me it's still a bit too low and it can at times impede me getting a good grip out of the holster.

Name:  JM Holster Ride Height.jpg
Views: 768
Size:  52.6 KB
    “Conspiracy theories are just spoiler alerts these days.”

I’ve got a 17 length DSG that you’re welcome to borrow for an extended trial. I’ll try to remember to snap a pic when I get home. Seems like it has a ton of adjustability. Shoot me a pm if you want to give it a run.

Quote Originally Posted by HCountyGuy View Post
    I'm looking for suggestions on an AIWB with a high ride height, preferably produced by one of our site-endorsed holster makers. Need one that's RDS compatible.

This is me wearing my JMCK WC 2.0 with DCC clips set to the highest ride height. For me it's still a bit too low and it can at times impede me getting a good grip out of the holster.

The new Mastermind Tactics AIWB holster would seem to fit your need: https://www.mastermindtactics.com/sh...d-aiwb-holster

I normally wear the same JMCK but with Pull The Dot loops and it wears lower than the Mastermind one (with the DCC clips set at their lowest). From memory, the new Mastermind holster wear higher than the pic you posted.
    " La rose est sans pourquoi, elle fleurit parce qu’elle fleurit ; Elle n’a souci d’elle-même, ne demande pas si on la voit. » Angelus Silesius
    "There are problems in this universe for which there are no answers." Paul Muad'dib

Quote Originally Posted by HCountyGuy View Post

The 2.0 is my main carry holster. I have a 17 length with DCC clips and it rides high enough for me. I'm not sure If I have set to max height or not. I also have a 2.0 34-length with PTD loops on struts that have more adjustment higher than the DCC clips. If you want a higher ride and want to stay with the 2.0, you could try with PTD loops on struts. I have my 34 length 2.0 set higher.

The Phlster Enigma enables wearing the holster at any height, independent of the belt, and is compatible with a number of excellent AIWB holsters, from makers in the P-F family.

Having said that, if you happen to have a natural waist that is higher than the level of your normal trousers belt line, the leg Enigma’s leg leash may not be necessary, to prevent riding-up during the draw, so the Enigma’s leg leash would not be necessary. This would enable wearing any low-profile belt, such as available from Mastermind, with any decent AIWB or IWB holster that you already have. This may not do so well against bare skin, but if wearing a T-shirt or other type of undershirt, is entirely practical.

I am not claiming to have invented anything that anyone else had not already sorted-out. Let’s just say that one gets crafty, finding work-arounds to using holsters fastened to trousers’ belts, while dealing with episodes of, well, uh, frequent digestive system activity.

See GJM’s post #199, to see what I mean about the Enigma’ed holster’s ride height being independent of the trousers’ belt:

https://pistol-forum.com/showthread....e-carry/page20

Just an idea. May not work for everyone.
    Last edited by Rex G; 02-06-2021 at 03:09 PM.
    Retar’d LE. Kinesthetic dufus.

Don’t tread on volcanos!

You may also want to try a wedge design like JM's normal aiwb holster. It kicks the belt out further allowing you to get your middle finger in and under the trigger guard at a "normal" ride height.

Definitely not optics cut. I don't know what Tom @orion76 would charge to do the cut and send it on to you, but I'm fine with the experiment. It's a fine holster that I got from someone here on P-F, but I'm carrying IWB for the foreseeable future, so it's just sitting patiently in a drawer.

Name:  DSG1.jpg
Views: 384
Size:  32.4 KB
    Name:  DSG2.jpg
Views: 383
Size:  31.7 KB
    Name:  DSG3.jpg
Views: 382
Size:  30.8 KB

User Tag List