Page 18 of 26 FirstFirst ... 81617181920 ... LastLast

Thread: Canadian Special Forces pulls P320s from service after soldier injured by misfire

Quote Originally Posted by Borderland View Post
    Yep, LEM. Best keep secret in the world of duty pistols. Nobody gets shot holstering a pistol with your thumb on the hammer. No safety and no decocker because you don't need one. I wouldn't expect the military to even consider the benefits though.
    Sadly very untrue. There have been chingos of CBP Agents and Officers who have ND’d LEM pistols...chingos.

Quote Originally Posted by TCB View Post
    Sadly very untrue. There have been chingos of CBP Agents and Officers who have ND’d LEM pistols...chingos.
    Of course you can still ND an LEM pistol. But the fact remains true that keeping your thumb on the hammer when holstering makes it very hard to ND any hammer-fired pistol.

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by javemtr View Post
    Of course you can still ND an LEM pistol. But the fact remains true that keeping your thumb on the hammer when holstering makes it very hard to ND any hammer-fired pistol.
    It only makes it more difficult to ND into your leg/butt/balls while holstering. It doesn’t make a difference for any other time the shooter is handling a firearm.

It makes a difference because when most shooters who ND and injure themselves do so is when they are holstering.

I'll bet there were those who ND'ed DAO revolvers...

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by 19852+ View Post
    Very easy to do if you cock the piece for some reason and then go to decock it without your brain engaged.

Don’t ask me how I know.

Quote Originally Posted by Duelist View Post
    Very easy to do if you cock the piece for some reason and then go to decock it without your brain engaged.

Don’t ask me how I know.
    That's why I specified DAO.. I know there's a reason these conversions were done...

Site Supporter
    That's why I specified DAO.. I know there's a reason these conversions were done...
    And sometimes we type responses without our brains fully engaged. LOL - sorry!

I’ve seen it.
    Ken

BBI: ...”you better not forget the safe word because shit's about to get weird”...
    revchuck38: ...”mo' ammo is mo' betta' unless you're swimming or on fire.”

Murder Machine, Harmless Fuzzball TCinVA's Avatar
    There is no trigger that is operator proof.

There are just trigger arrangements that offer a greater margin for error than others.

The Sigs I've handled lately are flat out disturbing. Their "Scorpion" is exemplar. That thing is essentially a 1911 with no safeties.

The M17 at least has a manual safety, even if it doesn't do anything but block the trigger.

There will be consequences that result from this proliferation of fully cocked striker fired pistols with short, light trigger presses.
    3/15/2016

Quote Originally Posted by Duelist View Post
    And sometimes we type responses without our brains fully engaged. LOL - sorry!
    No problem, been there, done that...

User Tag List