Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Have you ever found a set of grips that are perfect?

The stock grips on the Beretta 92 have never worked for me. Used Wilson Combat thin grips mostly. However, the LTT thin grips are perfect for me and love them.

Always between two major rivers that begin with the letter "M."
    Quote Originally Posted by 03RN View Post
    Revolvers get Ahrends, square butt k frames are ok with vzs but not round butt, at least not with a lot of magnums.
    Ahrends grips were always comfortable on the K frames I had but never kept. An option sadly no longer available new; north-central Iowa loses another non-ag small manufacturing business.

1911s get full checkered wood grips that are thinnish but still support the plunger tube. Those are typically not easy to find. I had been eyeballing some and finally ordered a set of herretts. Thinner than most wood grips and full checkering. Perfect.
    The thickness variation of the "standard" 1911 grip is real, but even some of them that mike the same feel vastly different to me due to the material, texturing, finish... even different checkering patterns. I was aware of this sort of thing on revolver grips, but always thought the relatively flat slivers of wood or plastic on a 1911 were fairly alike. Wrong.
    gn

"On the internet, nobody knows if you are a dog... or even a cat."

[QUOTE=

I’d like get Nills for my other Sigs (including my other P239s), but man—they’re like $200 a pop now. If anyone knows of anything that replicates the contour/feel of Nills for Sigs, let me know.
    [/QUOTE]

Check out http://www.grips4u.net
    The first indication a bad guy should have that I'm dangerous is when his
    disembodied soul is looking down at his own corpse wondering what happened.

Quote Originally Posted by NPV View Post
    @03RN

You and I think the same on a lot of things.......Herretts hit the Goldilocks balance of grippiness, comfort against skin while carrying, and most importantly looks.

Attachment 67128

VZ Tactical Diamonds and the Lok equivalent get an honorable mention as do the Gunners.
    Forgive me if I'm smokin' crack, here, but do you have dead ponies on those grips?? It looks like the Colt medallion is upside down!?!

As for grips that are perfect: The VZ's on my LTT elite centurion are spot on perfect for me. Stock 92 grips feel like I'm gripping a shovel handle. The LTT's grips( and other refinements) made me add a Beretta to the Glock stable.

Site Supporter
    For 1911s

Old School-Herretts/Ahernds/Esmereldas do a great job with the intersection of grip/ease on skin & clothes and looks.

The rubber Pachmayr Signature Grips were a game changer when they came out and still have quite a following given their extensive use in certain military and law enforcement communities over the years. I have no doubt that their revolutionary work in their revolver lines crossed over as well.

Mid School- VZ Grips are excellent in every way. The fact that they still pay Mr. Simonich's widow a royalty re their Gunner Grips is pure class IMHO.

New School-For the price, it is very difficult to beat a set of stock Ergo or Magpul Polymer Grips.
    I am not your attorney. I am not giving legal advice. Any and all opinions expressed are personal and my own and are not those of any employer-past, present or future.

Quote Originally Posted by vcdgrips View Post
    For 1911s

Old School-Herretts/Ahernds/Esmereldas do a great job with the intersection of grip/ease on skin & clothes and looks.

The rubber Pachmayr Signature Grips were a game changer when they came out and still have quite a following given their extensive use in certain military and law enforcement communities over the years. I have no doubt that their revolutionary work in their revolver lines crossed over as well.

Mid School- VZ Grips are excellent in every way. The fact that they still pay Mr. Simonich's widow a royalty re their Gunner Grips is pure class IMHO.

New School-For the price, it is very difficult to beat a set of stock Ergo or Magpul Polymer Grips.
    My Colt super wore Magpul grips for quite a while until I got some VZ Gunner's . The VZ's are super grippy !

Quote Originally Posted by Sharkbite View Post
    Forgive me if I'm smokin' crack, here, but do you have dead ponies on those grips?? It looks like the Colt medallion is upside down!?!

As for grips that are perfect: The VZ's on my LTT elite centurion are spot on perfect for me. Stock 92 grips feel like I'm gripping a shovel handle. The LTT's grips( and other refinements) made me add a Beretta to the Glock stable.
    Despite the crack you are correct that medallion is loose and spun upside down . I guess I’ll have to flare it out a bit.

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by LtDave View Post
    Thanks for reco. They were on my radar.

I love it when I buy a set of grips that are perfect. I can tell right away.
    Name:  IMG_20200827_220254516[1].jpg
Views: 361
Size:  51.2 KB
    Name:  IMG_20200910_210408834[1].jpg
Views: 351
Size:  31.8 KB

I'm getting there. For the 1911, it is a combination: Short trigger, arched MSH, Pearce finger grooves, and slim grips (currently Altamont Slimtech).

I find that the rubber panels of the Pearce finger grooves make standard grip panels too thick, and plump up the Slimtechs just enough.

Quote Originally Posted by vcdgrips View Post
    For 1911s

I found the checkered front strap to be too grippy....it would grip my fingers even if they weren't "in place". A set of G10 Slimtechs are on order from Altamont for this one:

Name:  IMG_20200827_220240450[1].jpg
Views: 353
Size:  48.7 KB

VZ Black Cherry Pro Slims are the ticket for my Hi-Power:

Name:  IMG_20200901_192600922[1].jpg
Views: 349
Size:  38.5 KB
    "It's surprising how often you start wondering just how featureless a desert some people's inner landscapes must be."
    -Maple Syrup Actual

@03RN and @NPV, have you ordered new Herrett's grips recently, or are you finding them used? Googling suggests that they closed in early 2020, though their 2004 website is still up. That could be wrong though - it's hard to find much.

User Tag List