Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Have you ever found a set of grips that are perfect?

Site Supporter
    The only guns I own that can change grips are J and K frames and a 3913.
    The 3913 I have never experimented with grips. I have tried hogue and factory. I normally use the factory as they don't grab clothing. The 3913 is the 7 round version so aftermarkets are harder to find and even the hogue I had to modify.
    On my revolvers. I have not tried lots of options all of them normally have uncle mike boot grips. Some times I switch to an older set of pachmayr presentation that were once on a 19-5 that my father owned. I think that is more nostalgia than anything.

Ive found a Gen 4 26 seems to just lock in my hand. I do add talon rubberized grip to my Glocks but dont know if it adds anything. I sort of like the stock texture.

1. Pachmayr grips I put on my Model 29.
    2. Similar grips on my Beretta 92.
    3. Stock: I'd say the adjustable grips on my M&P Pro.

Quote Originally Posted by JSGlock34 View Post
    Just put these on today - very pleased. VZ G10 Double Diamonds in Black Cherry.
    Attachment 67082
    Thats a nice looking gun. I really like vzs but I think their 1911 grips are a little fatter than they need to be.

I have a set of double diamond ivory vz grips that I put on every once in a while but end up switching them out.

Quote Originally Posted by Bucky View Post
    Are we talking grip comfort or visual appeal? Comfortable grips are overrated.
    I dpnt think effective and appealing have to be mutually exclusive of the other.

Stock, my WC GP100 feels and looks pretty damn good.
    #RESIST

Quote Originally Posted by 03RN View Post
    That might be the perfect 1911. Kudos for the flat MSH with lanyard loop, which is also a field-expedient bottle opener.

Okie John
    “The reliability of the 30-06 on most of the world’s non-dangerous game is so well established as to be beyond intelligent dispute.” Finn Aagaard
    "Don't fuck with it" seems to prevent the vast majority of reported issues." BehindBlueI's

VCDs:

LTT/VZs:

HKs: (Here on my VP40, but equally so in my P30L)

Hogue, older style/production G10s:

SIG X-Carry module on my P320 RX:

Also, OEM Ruger compact grips on my GP100,

Trausch rubber grips on my Security Six, and Hogue rubber fingergrooves on my venerable Ruger P89

Best, Jon

I had a set of the Hogue G10 Chain Link pattern grips for my P229R, those things were bitchin.
    “Conspiracy theories are just spoiler alerts these days.”

Quote Originally Posted by HCountyGuy View Post
    I had a set of the Hogue G10 Chain Link pattern grips for my P229R, those things were bitchin.
    Agreed. Original grips were too fat over the decocker for my hand and E2s just didn't feel right, too sandpapery and cheap feeling. Found a used set of those at a decent price and decided to try them, and they're perfect for me. Aggressive texture but more "bumpy" than sharp, and smooth in the right places (decocker area). Nice fit, very high quality feeling. The chain link pattern from Hogue seems to be underappreciated in my opinion; it seems like most go for the checkered (which I have on my P239, and which is almost too sharp for me) or the piranha, which I admittedly haven't tried.

Name:  sig3709.jpg
Views: 548
Size:  43.7 KB
    Last edited by OfficeCat; 02-05-2021 at 02:28 PM. Reason: photo added

@03RN

You and I think the same on a lot of things.......Herretts hit the Goldilocks balance of grippiness, comfort against skin while carrying, and most importantly looks.

Name:  32B0A369-7730-4224-B0E1-3E53153D37F6.jpg
Views: 472
Size:  29.6 KB

VZ Tactical Diamonds and the Lok equivalent get an honorable mention as do the Gunners.

User Tag List