Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Thread: Have you ever found a set of grips that are perfect?

Thanks all for the feedback on Herretts. I managed to find a set on Amazon and got them yesterday. No pics at the moment, as the pistol is still disassembled pending some other work I’m doing, but they’re excellent. They’re on the “No. 3” 1911, a second back up gun for me and otherwise my wife’s pistol for as often as she cares to use it. We have divergent preferences for grip texture but these hit the perfect middle ground - grippy enough for me but not too harsh for her. And they look very sharp on a blued gun.

For a straight from the factory, the skip line checkering Herretts really work for me.

Just the right mix of smooth against the skin and grip.

"carbine-infested rural (and suburban) areas"
    Quote Originally Posted by OfficeCat View Post
    Agreed. Original grips were too fat over the decocker for my hand and E2s just didn't feel right, too sandpapery and cheap feeling. Found a used set of those at a decent price and decided to try them, and they're perfect for me. Aggressive texture but more "bumpy" than sharp, and smooth in the right places (decocker area). Nice fit, very high quality feeling. The chain link pattern from Hogue seems to be underappreciated in my opinion; it seems like most go for the checkered (which I have on my P239, and which is almost too sharp for me) or the piranha, which I admittedly haven't tried.
    Hogue G10s on Sigs keep coming up perfect for me. I also like them on a B92 and a Buck Mark, although I have to do minor customizing to get them right for the latter two. The Sigs just go on and are right.

I am another one in the checkered camp. If they are too sharp, just gently passing a piece of 320 grit wet/dry paper over the points will very quickly knock the sharpness off to whatever level suits you. It's far easier to do too much, and damned difficult to sand the sharpness back on if you do.
    -----------------------------------------
    Not another dime.

User Tag List