Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: Front sight visibility in various lighting conditions - 2021 edition

Can you please update this with a 2, 5 and 6.5 moa red dot?
    Likes pretty much everything in every caliber.

Great thread!

Quote Originally Posted by spyderco monkey View Post
    In terms of Tritium visibility, I was browsing MB-Microtecs. They are the OEM for most of the worlds Tritium products (vials used in Sights, Watches, etc)

https://trigalight.com/tactical/

I came across this interesting model; a Tritium insert with a Convex sapphire lens to double the brightness of the vial compared to a standard flat sapphire lens as used in most Tritium sights.

I'm curious if any of the Sight manufacturers have caught onto this new model, and if any of the current sights are using this convex feature. A brighter tritium sight would be awesome.
    I can't confirm if meprolight uses the spherical lens.... But it sure looks and feels slightly bulbous. It is also the brightest tritium I've ever seen. The sight is very wide though which is why I don't use it.

This is outstanding and should be tacked.

It mirrors what I've seen.....different light makes things different.

Big red FO is awesome in day, and "magic hour" (twilight).

My current preferrence is an Ameriglo Bold front, orange square with tritium vial, no glow in the rears. Works great day, night, with or without a light. Very intuitive and fast.

There is a certain amount of personal preferrence we develop over the years through use and training.

This resource the OP has generously provided can help folks make informed choices. Good on ya.

@EricM thanks for the work. Do you by chance have a picture of the view with the rear sight and the front sight?

Thanks Jason

Quote Originally Posted by Cool Breeze View Post
    I can't confirm if meprolight uses the spherical lens.... But it sure looks and feels slightly bulbous. It is also the brightest tritium I've ever seen. The sight is very wide though which is why I don't use it.
    It appears as though Meprolight uses some sort of sealant over the Tritium vial. It is not uniform and reflects light at odd angles. This pic of my wife's P30 captures it well. Not a fan.

Name:  20210218_164502.jpg
Views: 321
Size:  38.1 KB
    Taking a break from social media.

Delta Busta Kappa fratboy Hot Sauce's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by spyderco monkey View Post
    In terms of Tritium visibility, I was browsing MB-Microtecs. They are the OEM for most of the worlds Tritium products (vials used in Sights, Watches, etc)

https://trigalight.com/tactical/

I came across this interesting model; a Tritium insert with a Convex sapphire lens to double the brightness of the vial compared to a standard flat sapphire lens as used in most Tritium sights.
    So I was cruising that site and noticed something odd in one of the example pics. Looks vaguely like an M&P 2.0, but with a grip safety, odd slide and other quirks. Anyone know what it is?

Name:  Screen Shot 2021-02-27 at 3.50.21 PM.jpg
Views: 282
Size:  64.2 KB
    Gaming will get you killed in the streets. Dueling will get you killed in the fields.
    -Alexander Hamilton

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by Hot Sauce View Post
    So I was cruising that site and noticed something odd in one of the example pics. Looks vaguely like an M&P 2.0, but with a grip safety, odd slide and other quirks. Anyone know what it is?

Name:  Screen Shot 2021-02-27 at 3.50.21 PM.jpg
Views: 282
Size:  64.2 KB
    Perhaps a S&W M&P Shield EZ?

Delta Busta Kappa fratboy Hot Sauce's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by BillSWPA View Post
    Perhaps a S&W M&P Shield EZ?
    Wow I feel like a dummy. I never even clicked on a photo of an EZ before because I peace'd out when I read .380
    Gaming will get you killed in the streets. Dueling will get you killed in the fields.
    -Alexander Hamilton

User Tag List