Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: The new Nissan Frontier looks pretty good

Site Supporter
    Looks good, but is it built like a Nissan? Most I've seen are cheap and for a reason and the reason they sell as many as they do is because they seem willing to finance people with credit too shitty to buy something else.

I looked at a 2019 Pathfinder to replace my 2012 Murano. I was flabbergasted at how outdated the interior and available features were. Seriously, how does a 7 year older vehicle have so many more features, especially considering they’re from the same damn company.

Quote Originally Posted by Bucky View Post
    I looked at a 2019 Pathfinder to replace my 2012 Murano. I was flabbergasted at how outdated the interior and available features were. Seriously, how does a 7 year older vehicle have so many more features, especially considering they’re from the same damn company.
    That doesn't surprise me....one of the big hits on the 370z is that a 370z in 2020 is virtually the same car that replaced the 350z a decade ago.
    "Are you ready? Okay. Let's roll."- Last words of Todd Beamer

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by RevolverRob View Post
    Do people even still buy (new) Nissans?

I'll never understand how Nissan has been able to maintain itself as a brand...but then again I can't believe Mitsubishi is still alive in the US Market these days...So wonders never cease.

PS: Ford called and said, "Ripping off our five year old design language is pretty cool...but whatevs..."
    The back end is a straight up Tacoma rip off.

Interior is Tacoma-esque as well.

These new trucks all look the same to me.

Quote Originally Posted by RevolverRob View Post
    Do people even still buy (new) Nissans?

I'll never understand how Nissan has been able to maintain itself as a brand...but then again I can't believe Mitsubishi is still alive in the US Market these days...So wonders never cease.
    I am kind of surprised, they didn't go back to what they were known for, since everyone else got away from them; small trucks.
    Make it retro and bring back the Datsun name, and I would think they would have the new fleet vehicle that Rangers were for so long.

THE THIRST MUTILATOR Nephrology's Avatar
    Has their MSRP changed? I've always been semi curious about the Nissan frontier as they seem to be pretty well proven trucks and actually sell for reasonable prices used (vs. the tacoma in which case you're better off just buying new IMO).

Design refresh looks nice even though I agree all new trucks these days look like they're Transformers trying to mean mug other cars on the road into submission, which I think is pretty silly.

Quote Originally Posted by beenalongtime View Post
    I am kind of surprised, they didn't go back to what they were known for, since everyone else got away from them; small trucks.
    Make it retro and bring back the Datsun name, and I would think they would have the new fleet vehicle that Rangers were for so long.
    I'd buy a new Ranger in a heartbeat.

Okie John
    “The reliability of the 30-06 on most of the world’s non-dangerous game is so well established as to be beyond intelligent dispute.” Finn Aagaard
    "Don't fuck with it" seems to prevent the vast majority of reported issues." BehindBlueI's

I had a '05 Frontier (which was the last time they redesigned it). I liked it. Interior was plasticy but it was easy to clean and back then everything was kind of plasticy.

Had the V6 and 6sp manual. It felt pretty quick and was fun to drive with the stick. The rail system in the bed and the attachments they had at that time are still better than anything available now (IMHO). Had a really miserable experience with the dealership when they F'd up some service, and there aren't a lot of dealers around.

I totalled it and never wanted to deal with Nissan again because of the dealer, not the truck...

Had a 4WD ranger V6 too. Got 14-16mpg (which was OK at the time because gas was 0.99/gallon) and there was no way 3 adults could ride in it for any length of time. I really don't get the ranger nostalgia. I like the new one but the interior storage seems to not be up to par with other modern trucks.

I will probably end up with some sort of 2023 midsize pickup. They are all supposed to be redesigned by then.

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by LittleLebowski View Post
    I miss the stick shift Xterra
    Mine got totaled last year with not even 100k miles on it. I'm still not over it. What a great truck. It could go lots of places, handled well on-road, great visibility, and looked good. What a great vehicle.

User Tag List