Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Apparently the press wants Biden to act on guns

Apparently the press wants Biden to act on guns

43:00 mark. Damn, this woman is nowhere near as quick as Kayleigh even with prescreening the press's questions.

#RESIST

Site Supporter
    Here’s what I noticed:
    The reporter cites the record number of gun sales (probably actually “background checks”) in January.
    Then goes on to ask what the President is going to do about “the issue”.

Press secretary then starts to answer the question saying that Biden has clear positions on “the issue”.

Anyone else notice that they never define or describe “the issue”?

Quote Originally Posted by GyroF-16 View Post
    Here’s what I noticed:
    The reporter cites the record number of gun sales (probably actually “background checks”) in January.
    Then goes on to ask what the President is going to do about “the issue”.

Press secretary then starts to answer the question saying that Biden has clear positions on “the issue”.

Shhhh...it's the dirty little secret. (Let's pretend we never brought it up.)
    There's nothing civil about this war.

Quote Originally Posted by GyroF-16 View Post
    Presumably that's because from their perspective, "the issue" is well-defined/well-known already: too many people who are not their personal armed guards have guns.

The issue wasn't defined because it's understood a priori: Biden campaigned on increased gun control and the reporter inquired where it stands as part of the very tired "First 100 Days" gauntlet every new presidency runs.

Psaki said "Peter" and I'd guess that's Peter Alexander. He's actually pretty good, and generally reports a straight game that I've seen compared to many of his colleagues. I didn't read it as a tell of his personal agenda, though certainly many in his profession are antis and bring it into their reporting.

But if we want some actual gotcha fun with these players -- little dust-up with Psaki emerging in which a tweet of hers from last year using a trans-and-homphobic slur against Lindsey Graham is getting revisited:

https://www.foxnews.com/media/jen-ps...mophobic-tweet

Naturally, the cancel-culture folks who'd normally be out with e-pitch forks calling for blood are mighty quiet when it's one of their own...
    Hain’t we got all the fools in town on our side? And ain’t that a big enough majority in any town?

Random, very drive-by observations: one, Psaki is a seminar in microexpressions all by herself. What great fun watching her run interference will be.

Two: some of these reporters strike me as whiners and latent bed-wetters. I admit to not knowing any of them personally, so take it with a grain of salt, but that’s the impression, with some regularity.

Not an entirely helpful post, but that’s my off-the-cuff reaction.
    ”But in the end all of these ideas just manufacture new criminals when the problem isn't a lack of criminals.” -JRB

I think it's appropriate to consider that the same people and organizations in those media briefings intentionally and purposefully provided all the time and effort possible to have a Biden administration with a Democrat-controlled Congress. Having viewed themselves as providing influence and outcomes in support, then I think that same group is also ready for these many and meaningful favors to be returned, and that's why we'll see the press push for gun control.
    Per the PF Code of Conduct, I have a commercial interest in the StreakTM product as sold by Ammo, Inc.

Site Supporter
    Now might not be a great time to push for more gun control. This poll shows support for gun control to be at a 4 year low.

https://www.newsmax.com/us/guns-fire.../16/id/997297/

I think they are asking for something -anything, please!- to help them drum up an audience that seems to be slipping away, slowly but surely.
    "If I ever needed to hunt in a tuxedo, then this would be the rifle I'd take." - okie john

"Not being able to govern events, I govern myself." - Michel De Montaigne

Quote Originally Posted by Lex Luthier View Post
    I think they are asking for something -anything, please!- to help them drum up an audience that seems to be slipping away, slowly but surely.
    That's a good point. The press was approaching mass impotence even when they had Trump to help the numbers out.
    ”But in the end all of these ideas just manufacture new criminals when the problem isn't a lack of criminals.” -JRB

User Tag List