Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: CA Lawmakers Want Sheriffs with No Police Experience

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by Zincwarrior View Post
    This is for the elected position yes?
    Just a note: Texas
    https://www.county.org/About-Texas-C...County-Sheriff
    In TX the Sheriff still has to come through the Academy if he/she isn't certified.

Our prior local sheriff was a retired USAF general who did get state certified. She is now the U.S. Marshal for our judicial district.

I’ve found that the majority of those in law enforcement upper administration don’t have any police experience.

Living across the Golden Bridge , and through the Rainbow Tunnel, somewhere north of Fantasyland.
    Quote Originally Posted by TC215 View Post
    I’ve found that the majority of those in law enforcement upper administration don’t have any police experience.
    Oh God....this is so true it hurts.

Quote Originally Posted by HCM View Post
    In TX the Sheriff still has to come through the Academy if he/she isn't certified.

Our prior local sheriff was a retired USAF general who did get state certified. She is now the U.S. Marshal for our judicial district.
    Do you remember the name? That's a surprising career path for a Flag Officer. I guess they can't all work for defense contractors.

One of the world's worst sheriffs, Willis McCall, was a fruit inspector before he was elected.

And he then set a record of railroading, brutality, racism, corruption, and outright nastiness that is still talked about today.
    "You win 100% of the fights you avoid. If you're not there when it happens, you don't lose." - William Aprill
    "I've owned a guitar for 31 years and that sure hasn't made me a musician, let alone an expert. It's made me a guy who owns a guitar."- BBI

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by KellyinAvon View Post
    Do you remember the name? That's a surprising career path for a Flag Officer. I guess they can't all work for defense contractors.
    second result for google search "Air Force General Sheriff"

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Susan_Pamerleau

The only surprise is she won a term as a republican sheriff in a traditionally Dem County.

The sheriff of a county with 2 million people is an administrator running a large jail and court system not Walker TX Ranger. It's actually a very logical fit. Better than an attorney.

Similarly, the U.S. Marshal for a judicial district with multiple large cities is a political appointee and administrator, not Sam Gerard.

Quote Originally Posted by HCM View Post
    second result for google search "Air Force General Sheriff"

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Susan_Pamerleau

The only surprise is she won a term as a republican sheriff in a traditionally Dem County.

The sheriff of a county with 2 million people is an administrator running a large jail and court system not Walker TX Ranger. It's actually a very logical fit. Better than an attorney.

Similarly, the U.S. Marshal for a judicial district with multiple large cities is a political appointee and administrator, not Sam Gerard.
    That name is ringing a bell (I retired in 2007.) Seems like she was Personnel or something like that.

Quote Originally Posted by AMC View Post
    They will OVERTLY politicize law enforcement in every way imaginable.
    I think that's 100% predictable. I also think it's 100% predictable that these people will make horrible decisions that get other people killed and none of them will be held accountable.

Okie John
    “The reliability of the 30-06 on most of the world’s non-dangerous game is so well established as to be beyond intelligent dispute.” Finn Aagaard
    "Don't fuck with it" seems to prevent the vast majority of reported issues." BehindBlueI's

User Tag List