Page 4 of 31 FirstFirst ... 2345614 ... LastLast

Thread: Shadow Systems DR920

Quote Originally Posted by Tokarev View Post
    Here's the extra striker spring.

One thing it does is pull the striker back after it has been released by the cruciform so the firing pin block can return to the blocked position. Maybe that is its purpose.

Sent from my SM-G970U using Tapatalk
    If I understand you correctly the striker spring and the new spring oppose one another in the assembly? I wonder how the balance between the striker spring, FP safety(block)
    spring and the new spring all play out. Curios to hear the reason from Shadow Systems.

Here is, for reference, an MR920 top end on a DR920 frame.

It should be a fairly simple job to cut the frame off and sand/polish things up to make it look factory. This would allow the owner to use a DR920 or MR920 slide Interchangeably.

Another option would be to leave the frame alone and add an MR920 top end with a comp installed. This would create a comp gun pretty close in size to a stock G17.

Quote Originally Posted by Tokarev View Post
    Here's the extra striker spring.

One thing it does is pull the striker back after it has been released by the cruciform so the firing pin block can return to the blocked position. Maybe that is its purpose.

Sounds like a rebound spring, similar function to a firing pin spring on a hammer gun.

I wonder if this is to prevent striker drag, which is seen on a conventional Glock.

@Tokarev

Can you tell me if the DR920 slide on the MR920 frame will essentially make the equivalent of an MR920L model?

Quote Originally Posted by dfeder530 View Post
    @Tokarev

Can you tell me if the DR920 slide on the MR920 frame will essentially make the equivalent of an MR920L model?
    That is my understanding. I don't have an MR920L to compare for sure.

Just finished up three days with Modern Samurai Project in Prescott, AZ. I used my MR920 and DR920 throughout.

Day One was AIWB and I used the MR exclusively in my Blackhawk! Stache holster. Everything worked fine but the holster sits just a little low for me. Even with the large claw there still isn't quite enough room to get my firing hand knuckles between the pistol and my belt.

Day Two was red dot stuff. I stuck with the MR and the Stache. Again, no issues related to the gun although I developed a habit of rolling backyard at the waist as it made me feel like I was exposing more of the pistol thereby making it easier to draw. Speaking of the Stache I noticed that the screws on the claw, holster belt loop and mag pouch belt loop were all a little loose at the end of this day. I plan on replacing the holster belt loop with clip(s) from DCC with the hope that this will raise the gun/holster maybe ⅜ or ¼ inch above the belt.

Day Three was dot again with some multiple target stuff and some basic movement. For Day Three I ran the DR out of a Blackhawk! T-series level three duty rig. No issues with the gun save for two minor complaints. The thread protector on the barrel kept working itself loose and had to be retightened every couple mags. Also the trigger housing pin kept wanting to walk out of the frame. At lunch I swapped THPs between the MR and DR and the problem went away although now I have a loose pin in my MR... I think I have a spare pin in my little stash of Glock parts so I'll change that out and drive on.

Overall, both Shadow Systems guns worked fine and I'm pleased with both.

Thanks for reading. Happy Sunday!

Last edited by Tokarev; 03-14-2021 at 08:02 PM.

Silicone O-ring will keep the threaded cap from walking

Quote Originally Posted by JCN View Post
    Silicone O-ring will keep the threaded cap from walking
    It has one on there. I guess I just need to have my daughter tighten the cap for me.

Some pricing info for LE consumers here:

https://www.police1.com/police-produ...7D5IXh0i5Der0/

Any ideas if the gap between the slide and the frame above the light rail was intentionally spaced more on the DR920? Looks like the frame is drooping away from the slide above the light. The MR920 has a nice even reveal between the frame and slide in your photo.

User Tag List