Page 3 of 31 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast

Thread: Shadow Systems DR920

Quote Originally Posted by Shadow View Post
    Well done sir, looking forward to your range report. Where did you locate one?

Give these guys a try.

https://www.gunbroker.com/item/893945936

Site Supporter
    So does it have the breech face cut like gen 5 Glocks?
    Or is that not a problem with these models?

Quote Originally Posted by Whirlwind06 View Post
    So does it have the breech face cut like gen 5 Glocks?
    Is that the little half moon cut below the firing pin hole?

Or is that not a problem with these models?
    What is the problem(s) with not having this cut?

Sent from my SM-G970U using Tapatalk

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by Tokarev View Post
    Is that the little half moon cut below the firing pin hole?

What is the problem(s) with not having this cut?

The BFC from my reading fixes extraction problems. Brass in the face, erratic extraction, etc.

The BFC from my reading fixes extraction problems. Brass in the face, erratic extraction, etc.
    If I am reading things correctly as to what the BFC is then there is no such cut on the 920.

No rounds fired yet but impressions are favorable.

The fit and finish is good and on par with my MR920. Slide machining is good with no visible tool marks or crooked lines or buffed out edges.

The frame is also nice with just a slightly visible seam where the two halves are formed together.

The trigger is a little gritty but is better than how I remember my MR when it was new. I assume the trigger will smooth itself out with continued dry fire and some actual range time. I haven't put a pull gauge on it yet. I plan on doing this after I've shot it a little bit.

Otherwise I don't have much to report. The gun is essentially what I expected it to be which is in effect a Glock with some factory-installed upgrades.

Will it sell well for Shadow Systems? Probably although I don't know if it will have the mass appeal of the MR. The DR is supposed to be a duty gun and some will no doubt find a home in duty holsters but I imagine the gun will mostly appeal to USPSA and similar shooters.

Maybe I'm wrong. I never thought the 2011 would become a serious content as a duty gun but the Staccato P seems to be doing well in the market.

Just a brief update.

I put three mags of CCI Blazer and one mag of Speer 147 Gold Dot through the gun this morning. Everything was shot on a B/C zone steel target. I didn't take any paper because the wind was blowing at the house. But it was calm and nice at the spot in the hills where I normally shoot. Go figure.

Anyway, there was no drama. I had already mostly sighted in my Holosun 508T by dialing the dot into the irons. After I got things refined I shot for group at 15, 25 and 50 yards. The gun works as expected. No problems of any kind noted using the Magpul mags that came with the gun nor with a factory Glock mag.

I guess the only "complaint" I have at the moment is that the barrel sticks out the end of my Blackhawk holster.

I'll shoot again this coming weekend and will update then.

Oops. One thing I previously forgot to mention is the extra spring on the striker. The gun has the usual spring cups and striker spring but there's a second spring between the spacer sleeve and the lug on the striker. I assume this works as a counter to the striker spring and helps with trigger pull.

I haven't had my Gen 5 19 (top end only. I have it on a Nomad frame) apart in awhile and I don't remember there being an extra spring in there.

Here's the extra striker spring.

One thing it does is pull the striker back after it has been released by the cruciform so the firing pin block can return to the blocked position. Maybe that is its purpose.

User Tag List