Page 28 of 31 FirstFirst ... 182627282930 ... LastLast

Thread: Shadow Systems DR920

Quote Originally Posted by HCM View Post
    How old are y’all’s guns ?

All the problem SS guns I’ve seen first hand have been made within the past year.

Prior to that the only complaints I’d heard were regarding their springs wearing prematurely.

I really like the SS grip but I don’t want to spend that kind of money for a base gun to gut and rebuild.
    Quality def went down in last year

All the problem SS guns I’ve seen first hand have been made within the past year.

Prior to that the only complaints I’d heard were regarding their springs wearing prematurely.

I really like the SS grip but I don’t want to spend that kind of money for a base gun to gut and rebuild.
    Range log shows first rounds were in November '21. If I recall correctly it was purchased shortly after the dr920 was brought to market but I could be off a bit.

***edit*** looks like this thread had guns in hand in March so maybe a few months off initial run.
    Last edited by backtrail540; 11-03-2022 at 05:52 AM.
    "...we suffer more in imagination than in reality." Seneca, probably.

My problem gun was a new purchase in about the July/August timeframe of 2022.

Considering Shadow Systems "confirmed" my accuracy issue at 15 yards and replaced the barrel and frame, I think it's fair to say there was an issue with my example of one.

Unfortunately, it still didn't shoot well after those fixes, despite their claims when it was returned to me. More details on post #262.

I am not sure my input is relevant, given that I own different models than the one in the spotlight here. My XR was purchased in April this year. The MR, I bought it second-hand new, so I don't know how old it is.

After my experience with the CR920, I would not buy a new SS gun today. I will be content to count my blessings with what I have.

My DR920 was made pre-May 2022 and has been great so far, accuracy is on par with that I can do with a Gen 5. Approaching 2K rounds.

Just to provide an update on the 509T CHPWS adapter plate.

The plate fits the Shadow Systems optics cut fully. It is aluminum so it is lighter than the Holosun plate. Installed height is pretty much the same as the Holosun plate so new iron sights will be needed.

Down side in my case at least is that the 509 hits the front of the plate. This interference keeps the optic from sitting flat.

Sent from my SM-G970U using Tapatalk

I purchased RMR to Acro adapter to install on my DR. After a few months of occasional use - perhaps 200-300 rounds, I inspected it. Both screws were somewhat loose. I tightened the left screw. The right screw, however, would continue turning. Is that an indication of a stripped thread? I didn't apply excessive torque. I *think* that I used 15"/lb to attach the adapter. Is it even possible/like to strip threads in a steel slide?

Quote Originally Posted by Andy T View Post
    I purchased RMR to Acro adapter to install on my DR. After a few months of occasional use - perhaps 200-300 rounds, I inspected it. Both screws were somewhat loose. I tightened the left screw. The right screw, however, would continue turning. Is that an indication of a stripped thread? I didn't apply excessive torque. I *think* that I used 15"/lb to attach the adapter. Is it even possible/like to strip threads in a steel slide?

From Shadow Systems

https://shadowsystemscorp.com/how-to...y-slides-only/

A friend bought an xr920 recently and asked me to break it in. I put 200 rounds through it without issues today. I didn't shoot it as well as the dr I previously used, though I was shooting 25 yard b8's weekly then and i haven't been shooting hardly at all the last few months, as far as 25 yard accuracy goes. I also didn't mount the optic though i did adjust the zero as instructed(10 yard msp zero). It split well for me (.18-.23 for 10 yard doubles in the A zone) and seemed to have a notably smooth recoil impulse with 115 federal. If it continues at this rate then it could be a good sign for SS. Only a sample of one so it could also just be the diamond in the batch of coal.
    "...we suffer more in imagination than in reality." Seneca, probably.

Posted this pic in the EPS thread. Here's my DR920 with an EPS MRS.

The plastic spacer fits fairly cleanly between the slide and optic.

Sent from my SM-G970U using Tapatalk

User Tag List