Page 24 of 31 FirstFirst ... 142223242526 ... LastLast

Thread: Shadow Systems DR920

Quote Originally Posted by mizer67 View Post
    Can someone do me a favor and field strip their pistol and mic. the guide rails for the slide on the frame of their DR920?

I'm looking for an outer to outer dimension for the front and rear. Mine on the DR920 measure .0885" front (WTF) and .0897" rear and would like to provide other Shadow Systems examples to Customer Service. It looks to me like my frame is out of spec.

Every Glock I own is .0902" (+/- .0001) front and rear.
    XR920:

.895 front and rear

DR920:

.889 front .897 rear

MR920:

.898 front and rear

Sent from my SM-G970U using Tapatalk
    Last edited by Tokarev; 08-27-2022 at 11:37 AM.

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by ccmdfd View Post
    Interesting.

Still no options for ACSS 509 models though.
    Since it’s a primary arms product shouldn’t PA offer or arrange for that.

.890 and .895 on the example here
    "...we suffer more in imagination than in reality." Seneca, probably.

Thanks for the responses. Seems like these DR920s are all a bit under sized on the rails forward of the locking block.

Mine is having issues with accuracy and binding of the RSA. The loose front slide to frame fit appears contributory.

The barrel to slide fit and lockup on mine is lacking also.

Thanks for the responses. Seems like these DR920s are all a bit under sized on the rails forward of the locking block.

Mine is having issues with accuracy and binding of the RSA. The loose front slide to frame fit appears contributory.

The barrel to slide fit and lockup on mine is lacking also.

I love their old guns. It is a shame what has happened to shadow system qc

Quote Originally Posted by G19Fan View Post
    I love their old guns. It is a shame what has happened to shadow system qc
    I find it hard to understand. This is a simple thing to measure at an incoming or final inspection to ensure you're not putting scatter guns out the door. There's really no excuse for tolerances this loose.

Ignoring the fact that barrel lockup is more important to accuracy and that's also terrible on my example, the 20 thousandths of play in my slide and frame around the front rails (internal slide dimension is 0.905") is worth about a 4" dispersion at 25 yards in isolation given the sight radius.

I've got an 9-10" gun at 25 yards for 10 round groups on my hands unfortunately, as a result of the stacking of all the issues.

I find it hard to understand. This is a simple thing to measure at an incoming or final inspection to ensure you're not putting scatter guns out the door. There's really no excuse for tolerances this loose.

Ignoring the fact that barrel lockup is more important to accuracy and that's also terrible on my example, the 20 thousandths of play in my slide and frame around the front rails (internal slide dimension is 0.905") is worth about a 4" dispersion at 25 yards in isolation given the sight radius.

I've got an 9-10" gun at 25 yards for 10 round groups on my hands unfortunately, as a result of the stacking of all the issues.
    Thst is nuts. My buddy has a brand new mr920 that jams like my cr920s did. At this stage I don't trust any of their new guns sadly.

If you ever want a older mr920 or mr918 frame with all gen 4 oem glock internals and oem gen 4 slide (cut for 509T) hit me up. All of mine run and are accurate 90+ hat qual at 25. The frame is stippled (which is a deal breaker to some).

I recently moved to the p365xl full time so can sell a few of the mr920s I have since they don't get shot as much now.

Site Supporter

Interesting- thank you.

I asked up thread if anyone had accuracy issues with the Shadow Systems pistols.

A friend and some of their employees recently did a group buy of Shadow systems DR920s which exhibited significant accuracy issues like you describe. Guns were shot with quality factory ammo. Then re-shot by known “good” shooters, one of whom is a local instructor and a USPSA GM. Same results. The guns were sent back to Shadow systems who insisted they shot them and said there was nothing wrong with the guns. They did not provide any photos, video or targets - just the usual “meets spec” BS. Shadow systems basically said tough shit - you and your friends don’t know how to shoot.

Makes me sad as I really wanted a DR920P.

Quote Originally Posted by HCM View Post
    Interesting- thank you.

I asked up thread if anyone had accuracy issues with the Shadow Systems pistols.

A friend and some of their employees recently did a group buy of Shadow systems DR920s which exhibited significant accuracy issues like you describe. Guns were shot with quality factory ammo. Then re-shot by known “good” shooters, one of whom is a local instructor and a USPSA GM. Same results. The guns were sent back to Shadow systems who insisted they shot them and said there was nothing wrong with the guns. They did not provide any photos, video or targets - just the usual “meets spec” BS. Shadow systems basically said tough shit - you and your friends don’t know how to shoot.

Makes me sad as I really wanted a DR920P.
    I fell back on a known good load when I started seeing issues w/my regular practice ammo - Atlanta Arms Elite 124 gr jhps, given their 1.5" at 50 yd accuracy claim. It didn't make any noticeable difference vs. my practice load.

The Holosun 507 with the ACSS triangle makes it pretty easy to be extremely precise and repeatable w/POA vs. irons w/my DR920.

I'm pretty sure I'm going to get the runaround from Shadow Systems too. That is, if they ever decide to respond to my request for repair or replacement.
    Last edited by mizer67; 08-29-2022 at 11:58 AM.

Does anyone know if there's a known serial number range of when these qc issues started popping up? I have a newly purchased MR920 that's only had a little over 100 rds through it so far, but no issues at all yet. I'm wondering if I maybe got one that was New Old Stock or if I just got lucky.

It is entirely possible that I might have problems come up, but it seems from what I read here the issues show up immediately.

User Tag List