Page 12 of 31 FirstFirst ... 2101112131422 ... LastLast

Thread: Shadow Systems DR920

Quote Originally Posted by Lon View Post
    The comments seem to lead to this being their thin frame gun - shadow systems mentioning 43/43x/48 holsters.

Name:  Screenshot_20220118-080343_Instagram.jpg
Views: 514
Size:  28.4 KB
    "...we suffer more in imagination than in reality." Seneca, probably.

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by Lon View Post
    It fits G43X and G48 holsters, has a rail, and has a slightly shorter grip with a Shield Arms style (and possibly produced) 10 round flush mag and a 12 or 13 round extended mag, much like the S&W Shield Plus.

I guess in my mind the natural progression was 26 then the thin guns later but i bet this would meet market expectation better than a 26, with the thin guns being all the rage now.
    "...we suffer more in imagination than in reality." Seneca, probably.

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by backtrail540 View Post
    I guess in my mind the natural progression was 26 then the thin guns later but i bet this would meet market expectation better than a 26, with the thin guns being all the rage now.
    Yes, I'd honestly be shocked if they ever make a 26 style gun. The market demand just isn't there with the advent of the P365/43X and company.

Here's the official press release on the CR920. Maybe this pistol needs its own thread?

A Subcompact That Shoots Like a Full-Size, the Shadow Systems CR920

FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE.

Plano, TX (January, 2022) – American handgun maker Shadow Systems has released its much-anticipated subcompact pistol this week at SHOT Show 2022. The new product, called the CR920 is a subcompact that is designed to shoot like a full-size pistol. All the shootability found in the rest of the Shadow Systems product line is now ultra-concealable in the CR920.

The Shadow Systems pistol lineup includes sizes for every possible role including the full-size DR920, compact MR920, and two crossover offerings: the compact with full-length top end MR920L and full-size framed XR920 which features a short top end. The CR920 now rounds out that lineup as the micro-option, ready to hide under a spring wardrobe. The CR stands for Covert Role, which has been long requested by Shadow Systems customers. The CR920’s capacity can be 13+1 with a patent-pending basepad or 10+1 with a flush magazine option.

The engineers at Shadow Systems were tasked with the ultimate balancing act in creating a subcompact that is actually nice to shoot. Historically, shootability of subcompacts has been a bit of an afterthought, but the CR920 shoots like a full-size pistol, while concealing into holsters made for G43/43X/48. The CR920 weighs in at just 17.8 ounces.

Packed into this concealable package are all of the standard Shadow Systems features, like an aggressively textured frame. The slide features directional serrations in the front, rear, and topside (for Elite models). Steel sights with a tritium front grace the topside of the slide, where Combat Optic and Elite models feature the patented Shadow Systems multi-footprint optic cut. The optic cut on the CR920 allows for direct-to-slide mounting of most brands of mini-RDS optics, including the Shield RMS and Holosun 507k. The CR920 has a match-grade, spiral-fluted 3.41-inch barrel, available in Shadow Systems’ customary bronze or black nitride.

Internals feature a stainless-steel guide rod and a drop-safe, flat-faced trigger. The trigger has a 4.5-5.0 pound trigger pull and a crisp, tactile reset. The CR920 ships in a zippered pistol rug with two magazines: a 13+1 capacity magazine and a flush 10+1 capacity magazine. CR920 will be available in Combat, Combat Optic, and Elite models, with MSRP starting at $679.

The CR920 is manufactured wholly in the United States using American labor and materials. The veteran-led team at Shadow Systems includes former law enforcement officers, members of the military, and competitive shooters. This diverse background contributes to Shadow Systems’ unique design philosophy of building pistols with features based on real-world shooting experience. Every Shadow Systems pistol is designed to be highly reliable and easy to shoot well right out of the box.

Explore every little detail of the CR920 at www.shadowsystemscorp.com/CR920

About Shadow Systems
    Shadow Systems Corp. is a privately held, Plano, Texas-based manufacturer of premium firearms and firearm parts. Each product is designed and manufactured in the USA by a team of Veterans and former Law Enforcement Officers. Everything is engineered to be used and abused, as real hard-use tools should be.

More information on the company can be found at shadowsystemscorp.com. Information on LEO/Mil Programs can be found at shadowsystemsdefense.com. Dealer Support can be reached by emailing dealersupport@shadowsystemscorp.com.

Sent from my SM-G970U using Tapatalk
    Last edited by Tokarev; 01-18-2022 at 11:07 AM.

I'm not a Glock 43 guy-are the 10 and 13 round mags standard fare for the 43 and 43x?

Quote Originally Posted by DMCutter View Post
    I'm not a Glock 43 guy-are the 10 and 13 round mags standard fare for the 43 and 43x?
    No. 43 - 6 and the 43x - 10.

Shield arms makes bigger capacity metal mags for them.
    Formerly known as xpd54.
    The opinions expressed in this post are my own and do not reflect the opinions or policies of my employer.
    www.gunsnobbery.wordpress.com

Info on the CR920 and the DR920P. I wonder how much longer the P is than a standard DR. Will it fit in my Blackhawk duty holster?

And here's the release for the DP920P:

FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE.

Plano, TX (January, 2022) – Shadow Systems, the Texas-based pistol maker, has announced the release of their DR920P, a full-size pistol with an integrated compensator. The built-in compensator does not make use of a threaded barrel, which makes it compliant in jurisdictions that have threaded-barrel bans.

The DR920P is built on Shadow Systems’ full-size DR920 frame, packing a full 17+1 capacity. The comp and slide are machined to give a single-piece appearance, while the novel design allows for rapid removal and attachment of the comp for cleaning. The patent-pending integrated compensator aligns automatically without the need for set screws or other friction devices. The DR920P’s front sight is mounted directly on top of the comp, for faster shot-to-shot tracking.

The DR920P, which fits G34 holsters, comes complete with the features that have made Shadow Systems so popular. These features include an aggressively textured frame with interchangeable backstraps that adjust the point of aim, a flat faced trigger, and a match-grade, spiral-fluted barrel. The DR920P is offered with the Elite model slide, which includes front and rear directional serrations, a weight-optimizing window cut, and Shadow Systems’ patented multi-footprint optic system. The optic cut allows for direct-to-slide mounting of most major brands of red dot optics, without the need for intervening plates or adapters.

The DR920P joins the Shadow Systems lineup among popular EDC staple the MR920, the full-size duty-ready DR920, two crossovers the MR920L and XR920, and their newly released subcompact CR920. Shadow Systems pistols are manufactured in the United States using American labor and materials. The shooter-first design mentality at Shadow Systems comes from their team’s real world shooting background. The veteran-led Shadow Systems team includes former law enforcement officers, members of the military, and competitive shooters.

Learn more about the DR920P and explore all features at shadowsystemscorp.com/DR920P

I have no doubt that at some point we will see Shadow Systems pistols with direct mount options for closed emitter MRDS like the ACRO, Holosun and Steiner. I think at some point they will also offer slide assemblies separately with these optic cuts.

User Tag List