Page 30 of 31 FirstFirst ... 2028293031 LastLast

Thread: Shadow Systems DR920

Quote Originally Posted by SteveL View Post
    I really think the oversized base plate was incompatible with the mag well.
    Quite probably. It may be worth a try to swap base plates on that mag and try it again.

Sent from my SM-G970U using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Tokarev View Post
    I have been running my DR920 almost exclusively with Glock factory mags and have no issues with mags falling out.

I'm not sure what all contributes to the issue but is a real problem with the dr i have access to. The xr owner swapped releases prior so i haven't got to see it there. There is a technical Tuesday video from SS floating around that addresses it as well.
    "...we suffer more in imagination than in reality." Seneca, probably.

Quote Originally Posted by backtrail540 View Post
    I'm not sure what all contributes to the issue but is a real problem with the dr i have access to. The xr owner swapped releases prior so i haven't got to see it there. There is a technical Tuesday video from SS floating around that addresses it as well.
    Here's that video:

I see the 509 and ACRO dedicated slides offered earlier direct from Shadow Systems have sold out. I wonder if these were some sort of big purchase or contract overrun and if Shadow Systems will offer these again. I probably would have bought a dedicated 509 slide and nearly did. What stopped me is that I'm presently running an EPS on my DR920 and am happy with it.

Quote Originally Posted by Tokarev View Post
    I see the 509 and ACRO dedicated slides offered earlier direct from Shadow Systems have sold out. I wonder if these were some sort of big purchase or contract overrun and if Shadow Systems will offer these again. I probably would have bought a dedicated 509 slide and nearly did. What stopped me is that I'm presently running an EPS on my DR920 and am happy with it.

Do you prefer the clamp on style to the screw on models?
    Steve

Disclaimer: I am employed by Shadow Systems. My posts on this site are my own and do not necessarily reflect the views of my employer.

I don't really know if I have a preference in this regard although I do prefer closed emitter optics.

I ran about 150 rounds through a DR today that had a Glock Performance Trigger in it. It ran well and was easy to shoot well. The slide plate was simply filed to match a gen 5 plate. Pretty nice shooting setup. I need to play around with the backstraps and run Doubles and parts of the Standard Practice Setup to see which i go with. But at the momenet it feels like a winning combo.
    "...we suffer more in imagination than in reality." Seneca, probably.

So I did a thing today. A deal that was way too good to pass up fell in my lap so here's a new DR920P with a Holosun 507C I already had. I'll be making a trip to the range tomorrow.

Name:  SS DR920P.jpg
Views: 243
Size:  102.2 KB
    Steve

Disclaimer: I am employed by Shadow Systems. My posts on this site are my own and do not necessarily reflect the views of my employer.

The clamp mount is stronger and more robust at high round counts for me

So I did a thing today. A deal that was way too good to pass up fell in my lap so here's a new DR920P with a Holosun 507C I already had. I'll be making a trip to the range tomorrow.

Name:  SS DR920P.jpg
Views: 243
Size:  102.2 KB
    I went to an indoor, 25 yard range yesterday and shot the following:

• CCI Blazer 115 gr FMJ - 70 rounds
    • Monarch 115 gr FMJ - 110 rounds
    • Speer Gold Dot 147 gr JHP - 32 rounds

212 rounds total. This is ammunition I already had on hand. There were no malfunctions at all. Ejection was inconsistent, like the rental I shot, but as long as it's shooting reliably I'm not too concerned about it. I was honestly surprised there were no malfunctions whatsoever, given reports I've seen online about the break-in period for these pistols. It's definitely a fun gun to shoot. I look forward to getting more rounds through it.
    Steve

User Tag List