Page 29 of 31 FirstFirst ... 192728293031 LastLast

Thread: Shadow Systems DR920

Still plenty of co-witness with the factory irons. In fact they could be replaced for something shorter based on personal preference.

Sent from my SM-G970U using Tapatalk

I only have 150 or 200 rounds fired since changing over to the MPS but so far I really like it. And the gun continues to shoot and function well.

I switched my MR920 over to an EPS with the Shadow spacer. I only have 100 or so rounds through it. Seems like a winner so far.

Quote Originally Posted by cornstalker View Post
    I switched my MR920 over to an EPS with the Shadow spacer. I only have 100 or so rounds through it. Seems like a winner so far.
    Oops. Yeah I said MPS. I meant EPS.

If anyone wants to run an enclosed emitter on a dedicated slide, that isn't an EPS, here's the chance:

https://shadowsystemscorp.com/produc...ect-cut-slide/

https://shadowsystemscorp.com/produc...ect-cut-slide/

I had my first experience with a Shadow Systems pistol last week. I was at a local range and they had a DR920P for rent. I've been curious about them for a while so I tried it out with one box of ammo, Fiocchi 115 FMJ if I recall correctly. This particular gun did not have a RDS on it and I haven't shot a pistol with irons in a year or more so I was curious to see how I would do. When they first pulled the gun off the wall and gave it to me it had a Glock gen 5 magazine in it with an oversized Tango Down Vickers base plate installed. I took it in the range and loaded either five or ten rounds and tried to fire a few shots at seven yards. Every time I fired a round the magazine fell out. I thought maybe I was bumping the mag release somehow so I fired a shot SHO with the same result. I called the RSO over and had him watch. He couldn't see anything I was doing wrong so I had him fire a shot with the same result. He took that magazine and went and got me a 17 round Pmag, which solved the problem. I suspect the oversized base plate was to blame. The pistol had the factory mag well installed and seating that magazine never felt quite right, although it seemed to be locked in until a round was fired. Anyway, moving on, accuracy was very impressive. Even at 10 and 15 yards it was very easy to shoot bullseyes with this pistol. Muzzle rise was practically non-existent and recoil was directed straight back and very easy to manage. The trigger was better than the usual Glock trigger, so it was easy to shoot the gun fast. I never had any other malfunctions after swapping out the magazine. However, there were a couple of other little issues I noticed. One is that it did not eject brass consistently. Sometimes it ejected at about 3 o'clock. Other times it ejected straight up. I also noticed the backstrap pin walking a little bit and I thought it was a little too easy to push it back in. I have no idea how many rounds this gun has on it. I also don't know if it has the 15 lb. or 18 lb. recoil spring installed, and lastly I don't know what maintenance has been done on it, if any. Maybe these are issues that come with use. Maybe not. On the one hand I was very impressed with the gun's ergonomics and accuracy and I'm thinking about getting one. On the other hand the walking pin and inconsistent ejection give me pause. Not sure what I'll end up doing. Fortunately for me I only live about 30 minutes from the Shadow Systems factory in Texas so if I get one and have problems I can literally drive down there and drop it off to them.
    Steve

Disclaimer: I am employed by Shadow Systems. My posts on this site are my own and do not necessarily reflect the views of my employer.

Quote Originally Posted by SteveL View Post
    I had my first experience with a Shadow Systems pistol last week. I was at a local range and they had a DR920P for rent. I've been curious about them for a while so I tried it out with one box of ammo, Fiocchi 115 FMJ if I recall correctly. This particular gun did not have a RDS on it and I haven't shot a pistol with irons in a year or more so I was curious to see how I would do. When they first pulled the gun off the wall and gave it to me it had a Glock gen 5 magazine in it with an oversized Tango Down Vickers base plate installed. I took it in the range and loaded either five or ten rounds and tried to fire a few shots at seven yards. Every time I fired a round the magazine fell out. I thought maybe I was bumping the mag release somehow so I fired a shot SHO with the same result. I called the RSO over and had him watch. He couldn't see anything I was doing wrong so I had him fire a shot with the same result. He took that magazine and went and got me a 17 round Pmag, which solved the problem. I suspect the oversized base plate was to blame. The pistol had the factory mag well installed and seating that magazine never felt quite right, although it seemed to be locked in until a round was fired. Anyway, moving on, accuracy was very impressive. Even at 10 and 15 yards it was very easy to shoot bullseyes with this pistol. Muzzle rise was practically non-existent and recoil was directed straight back and very easy to manage. The trigger was better than the usual Glock trigger, so it was easy to shoot the gun fast. I never had any other malfunctions after swapping out the magazine. However, there were a couple of other little issues I noticed. One is that it did not eject brass consistently. Sometimes it ejected at about 3 o'clock. Other times it ejected straight up. I also noticed the backstrap pin walking a little bit and I thought it was a little too easy to push it back in. I have no idea how many rounds this gun has on it. I also don't know if it has the 15 lb. or 18 lb. recoil spring installed, and lastly I don't know what maintenance has been done on it, if any. Maybe these are issues that come with use. Maybe not. On the one hand I was very impressed with the gun's ergonomics and accuracy and I'm thinking about getting one. On the other hand the walking pin and inconsistent ejection give me pause. Not sure what I'll end up doing. Fortunately for me I only live about 30 minutes from the Shadow Systems factory in Texas so if I get one and have problems I can literally drive down there and drop it off to them.
    The magazine issue is common, as noted elsewhere in the thread, but can be summarized as the factory release will eat up softer factory glock mags and cause the issue. That's why they come with pmags which are made of harder material. I swap my ss mag buttons for glock oem and run oem glock mags. That solved the issue on the dr920 i have access too.
    "...we suffer more in imagination than in reality." Seneca, probably.

Quote Originally Posted by backtrail540 View Post
    The magazine issue is common, as noted elsewhere in the thread, but can be summarized as the factory release will eat up softer factory glock mags and cause the issue. That's why they come with pmags which are made of harder material. I swap my ss mag buttons for glock oem and run oem glock mags. That solved the issue on the dr920 i have access too.
    I have been running my DR920 almost exclusively with Glock factory mags and have no issues with mags falling out.

Quote Originally Posted by Tokarev View Post
    I have been running my DR920 almost exclusively with Glock factory mags and have no issues with mags falling out.

I really think the oversized base plate was incompatible with the mag well.
    Steve

Disclaimer: I am employed by Shadow Systems. My posts on this site are my own and do not necessarily reflect the views of my employer.

User Tag List