Page 6 of 31 FirstFirst ... 4567816 ... LastLast

Thread: Shadow Systems DR920

Timely thread for me!

I’m recovering from right shoulder surgery and have enough time to contemplate how my vision is officially sucking now, and had the bright idea that I “need” a pistol(s) with an mrds, and to possibly upgrade my mainly Gen3 Glocks .. which brought the shadow systems to my attention. So I’m very intrigued with your SS pistols, thanks for reporting!

I’m sort of in analysis paralysis myself looking at something like an MR and DR duo.. or getting one of my Gen3 19’s and either my Gen3, or 4, 17 done up.. it does seem so much easier to get into something “complete” like the MR and DR..or two MR’s...I’m also looking at ZEV, Grey Ghost, Suarez slides.

Anyway, I like my Gen3’s just fine but I’m curious why SS kept a Gen 3 style recoil system instead of the Gen 4/5. The complete Zev gun also used a single spring Gen3 style I do believe interestingly.

Also how much parts interchangeability is there with OEM Glock parts.. I have a good pile of Gen3 spare parts so I’m just wondering.

Congrats on your cool new blaster!

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by DacoRoman View Post

Anyway, I like my Gen3’s just fine but I’m curious why SS kept a Gen 3 style recoil system instead of the Gen 4/5. The complete Zev gun also used a single spring Gen3 style I do believe interestingly.

Also how much parts interchangeability is there with OEM Glock parts.. I have a good pile of Gen3 spare parts so I’m just wondering.

Congrats on your cool new blaster!
    People who use comps or porting which is common on fancied up Glocks like Zev and Shadow Systems usually lessen the recoil spring weight, which is almost universally done by adapting to a Gen 3 guide rod setup anyway.

A Brownells, Zev, or other similar pre cut slide would be a very easy way ti upgrade your Gen 3. The factory slide could then be sold. Having your existing slide milled is also a good option.

Here is a link as to why SS chose to use a Glock Gen 3 type RSA in their pistols.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6Ib1rN6Mluk

Quote Originally Posted by Noah View Post
    People who use comps or porting which is common on fancied up Glocks like Zev and Shadow Systems usually lessen the recoil spring weight, which is almost universally done by adapting to a Gen 3 guide rod setup anyway.

A Brownells, Zev, or other similar pre cut slide would be a very easy way ti upgrade your Gen 3. The factory slide could then be sold. Having your existing slide milled is also a good option.
    Copy.
    I’m indeed looking at all those options too.
    Very interesting regarding the recoil spring and porting, makes sense.

Quote Originally Posted by Biggy View Post
    Here is a link as to why SS chose to use a Glock Gen 3 type RSA in their pistols.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6Ib1rN6Mluk
    Thank you for the link, I’ll check it out tomorrow!

How did that shootout go?

Quote Originally Posted by Biggy View Post
    I just picked up my MR920L a few hours ago. I will be having a shootout between the Shadow Systems pistols and the Sig P320 pistols. It should be interesting.

Any results from your shootout between these two?

I haven't done it yet but have come close to sawing the last half inch off my DR920's dust cover. If done carefully I think it would look completely natural. Then it would allow me to run an MR920 slide on the full grip. I don't know if I really need that as an option in my life. Maybe the even cooler thing would be to be able to do the old school 1911 press check by hooking my thumb in the trigger guard and pressing the slide back from underneath the muzzle.

Sent from my SM-G970U using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by redryder View Post
    Any results from your shootout between these two?
    I hate to admit it, but I just have not got around to it yet, and I am even retired with plenty of time and ammo.

Quote Originally Posted by Shadow View Post
    Picked up my DR920 yesterday. I must say I am impressed with the fit, finish and overall balance and feel so far. The trigger right out of the box is pretty darn good also and will only get better. Mounted an RMR on it. Hope to run a couple hundred rounds through it today.
    Well????

Site Supporter

Went to look at the new DR920 and found an unfortunate MR920 issue

So went to look at the DR920 today and settled on a NIB MR920 Elite ...

Took it out of the box and it had a dead trigger....was like the GLOCK 17R training pistol where the trigger automatically reset and did not disengage with the firing pin/striker assy

To say I was disappointed was an understatment.

The sales clerk said it was "probably assembled wrong" however not confindence building.

I left with out the gun.

I liked the feel of the DR however I prefer the MR size.

Quote Originally Posted by Tokarev View Post
    Well????

I haven't had much time at all with the DR, wanted more trigger time before further reporting. I'm hosting the Modern Samurai class at our range in a couple of weeks. I'm probably going to run the DR for class, I'll report back after that.

User Tag List