Page 23 of 31 FirstFirst ... 132122232425 ... LastLast

Thread: Shadow Systems DR920

I took the XR920 apart to try to understand the difference in the trigger quality between it and my MR920. The trigger bar and connector both had burrs that you could snag a fingernail on where they interface on the trigger bar radius. The vertical leg of the bar that engages the FPBS had a burr as well. In the upper, the striker spring cups had burrs or molding slag on the external portion where it rides against the sleeve. I polished the burrs off of the bar and connector, installed a 5# striker spring, and replaced the spring cups. It is easily 60-70% better.

Here's something for the Shadow Systems owner who has everything:

https://shadowsystemscorp.com/produc...eid=73189cdcca

Sent from my SM-G970U using Tapatalk

Interesting development for those running a Shadow Systems and who want a closed emitter option:

https://chpws.com/search-results/?ut...ORxNw8o7JHnxMb

Quote Originally Posted by Tokarev View Post
    Interesting development for those running a Shadow Systems and who want a closed emitter option:

https://chpws.com/search-results/?ut...ORxNw8o7JHnxMb

Interesting.

Still no options for ACSS 509 models though.

I like the 509 option since Shadow Systems is only supporting the ACRO / Steiner currently.

Pre-order placed.

Last edited by Tokarev; 07-22-2022 at 04:34 PM.

There will probably be a DR920P in direct mount Acro/MPS format in my future once it's available. That said- I heard months ago the 509 was already supported via the Holosun RMR adaptor plate and the Shadow screws from the iron site filler plate. What is the preference/impetus for the CHPWS 509 plate? After a poor customer experience I've been avoiding C&H like a $2 hooker advertising that today's services were brought to you by the letter H.
    Anything I post is my opinion alone as a private citizen.

Quote Originally Posted by DpdG View Post
    There will probably be a DR920P in direct mount Acro/MPS format in my future once it's available. That said- I heard months ago the 509 was already supported via the Holosun RMR adaptor plate and the Shadow screws from the iron site filler plate. What is the preference/impetus for the CHPWS 509 plate? After a poor customer experience I've been avoiding C&H like a $2 hooker advertising that today's services were brought to you by the letter H.
    CHPWS seems to making a name for itself lately with bad customer service. So much so at this point that I'd not likely send a slide to them for machining.

Rhe Holosun 509 to RMR plate is supposed to work fine. But it also doesn't fit seamlessly to the slide. Does that matter? Probably not.

ASP training guns now available

Can someone do me a favor and field strip their pistol and mic. the guide rails for the slide on the frame of their DR920?

I'm looking for an outer to outer dimension for the front and rear. Mine on the DR920 measure .0885" front (WTF) and .0897" rear and would like to provide other Shadow Systems examples to Customer Service. It looks to me like my frame is out of spec.

Every Glock I own is .0902" (+/- .0001) front and rear.

Quote Originally Posted by Tokarev View Post
    CHPWS seems to making a name for itself lately with bad customer service. So much so at this point that I'd not likely send a slide to them for machining.

Rhe Holosun 509 to RMR plate is supposed to work fine. But it also doesn't fit seamlessly to the slide. Does that matter? Probably not.

I can tell you I just had a fantastic CS experience w them. Removed a snapped off screw for me free of charge. They even covered return shipping. Timely done as well.
    Formerly known as xpd54.
    The opinions expressed in this post are my own and do not reflect the opinions or policies of my employer.
    www.gunsnobbery.wordpress.com

User Tag List