Page 26 of 31 FirstFirst ... 162425262728 ... LastLast

Thread: Shadow Systems DR920

Quote Originally Posted by mizer67 View Post
    I'm with you. The only time I shoot benched is to test a load or a pistol.
    Yeah I used tons zero my red dots benched at 25 but then the poa/poi was always different by a bit offhand. Once I started zeroing offhand that problem went away. It was eye opening

Quote Originally Posted by Andy T View Post
    Is the sub 4" group expected with plinking brass ammo?
    Yes, with whatever practice load you're using.

You'll want to find a load your pistols like and stick to it as much as possible if you're expecting good results though. Some range fodder is respectable, others not so much.

Quote Originally Posted by G19Fan View Post
    Yeah I used tons zero my red dots benched at 25 but then the poa/poi was always different by a bit offhand. Once I started zeroing offhand that problem went away. It was eye opening
    Yeah, same.

When I'm shooting for groups, which is rare, I'm only looking for precision. I can work on shifting POI later once I know the gun & ammo is good to go.

Quote Originally Posted by mizer67 View Post
    Yeah, same.

When I'm shooting for groups, which is rare, I'm only looking for precision. I can work on shifting POI later once I know the gun & ammo is good to go.
    Makes sense

I did some testing at 20 yards with G45.5 and DR920 Elite. I also put the G45 slide onto DR920 frame.
    I was getting "stuck slide" - i.e. slide is at the back, but doesn't have enough "oomph" to pick a new cartridge with both the Glock and the Shadow Systems. What could be the cause of this issue? I was using somewhat older Glock OEM mags with 5 follower. Could the magazines be the issue?

I was firing 10 round groups. Some targets have less than 10 holes due to operator headspace (missing the bull). I found the Glock OEM trigger to be somewhat more "familiar" than the flat Shadowo Systems.

Here are the results:

Not my SS DR920, I sent that in to Shadow Systems for eval. on Friday.

This is what I've come to expect from an accurate Glock (or clone) with good ammo. This pistol has a semi-fit aftermarket barrel and is a G17.4. The shots to the right of the bull I pushed, it was me not the pistol:

Name:  G17 Group 1 large.jpg
Views: 398
Size:  30.9 KB

I'm a little rusty, but I think with a smaller target that gives a more precise point of aim that it's possible to reduce the vertical stringing. The NRA smallbore bullseye is 3 7/8" in diameter for reference.

Site Supporter
    Saw this on book of faces:

Name:  560C58E5-EC7C-453C-8B57-25F7E19E928D.jpg
Views: 350
Size:  43.7 KB

Seeing chatter that SS is paying $17 an hour for QC people and $18 an hour for CNC Machinists. So $35k /$37k per year for positions where the going rates are about $50k and $70k respectively.

Apparently SS also has lots of negative reviews on job /employee rating sites.

Correlation is not causation, but the timing coinciding with a drop in quality is interesting.

Quote Originally Posted by HCM View Post
    Saw this on book of faces:

Name:  560C58E5-EC7C-453C-8B57-25F7E19E928D.jpg
Views: 350
Size:  43.7 KB

Seeing chatter that SS is paying $17 an hour for QC people and $18 an hour for CNC Machinists. So $35k /$37k per year for positions where the going rates are about $50k and $70k respectively.

Apparently SS also has lots of negative reviews on job /employee rating sites.

Correlation is not causation, but the timing coinciding with a drop in quality is interesting.
    This explains a lot of true

Sorry to hear reports of bad QC, poor labor/management relations, etc.

I don't remember where. It may have been one of the Technical Tuesday videos. But I seem to remember Trevor saying they have gone from something like 25 employees to more than 100 in the last year or so. Combine growing pains with general malaise of the American labor force and bad things are almost guaranteed to happen.

Sent from my SM-G970U using Tapatalk

Heard from Shadow Systems CS yesterday regarding the accuracy issue w/my DR920.

The CS rep. said, "I test fired your pistol at 15 yards and found a problem with accuracy".

He also said, "I passed your frame to the QC dept. and everything was in spec.".

Looks like they're replacing the barrel, so I have a little bit of hope it won't be a complete turd when I get it back, as the fit/lockup on the barrel was extremely loose also, but with the frame out of spec. it's never going to be very accurate at distance.

I asked him to confirm what their spec was for the outer-to-outer dimension on the frame rails as this sure doesn't seem to qualify as "in spec". I didn't get a response.

Every Glock I own across more than a decade measures 0.902" front (and the key here) 0.902" rear also. Given they got their start making Glock parts, you'd think this would be fairly simple to check and a key measurement to hold w/in a reasonable tolerance of 1-2 thousandths.

The inner to inner dimension on the slide measures 0.905", so the 20 thousandths of play at the front of the gun has the potential to open up the groups ~4" at it's worst at 25 yards when taken in isolation.

Name:  IMG-0403.jpg
Views: 233
Size:  35.4 KB
    Name:  IMG-0405.jpg
Views: 232
Size:  33.4 KB
    Last edited by mizer67; 10-13-2022 at 08:28 AM.

User Tag List