Page 18 of 31 FirstFirst ... 8161718192028 ... LastLast

Thread: Shadow Systems DR920

Quote Originally Posted by Lon View Post
    My preliminary research makes me think it’s the barrel and not the slide that needs addressed. Using a G17.5 barrel or a Lone Wolf conversion barrel (19L) should take care of that. And then get a LW adapter to fill the gap. If someone knows that’s not right, please let me know.
    Yes. Barrels are different. The cam angle is different between 17 and 19 so a new barrel would be needed.

Other options besides LW should be Shadow Systems DR920/MR920L or ZEV Gen 5.

Sent from my SM-G970U using Tapatalk

I guess I should have taken pics. But we've all seen disassembled Glocks.

I have 250 rounds through the XR920 and gave it a good clean this afternoon. Interesting that the ACRO slide uses standard extractor stuff rather than the vertical pin that provides extractor tension.

Quote Originally Posted by Tokarev View Post
    Notice anything?

How did you get your hands on one of these? I'm not seeing the ACRO cut as an option on Shadow Systems' website.

Quote Originally Posted by js475 View Post
    How did you get your hands on one of these? I'm not seeing the ACRO cut as an option on Shadow Systems' website.
    Presently these are only available through the LE sales program.

Steiner MPS riding on the ACRO mount.

Steiner MPS riding on the ACRO mount.

Looks great

It is a new XR920 with the dedicated ACRO cut.

The frame also works nicely with a DR920 slide.
    I haven’t familiarized myself with the Shadow Systems nomenclature. Is the XR basically a G45 and the DR a G17? So one could go between the two? Or maybe even use a 34 slide?
    Nothing so needs reforming as other people's habits - Mark Twain

Tact is the knack of making a point without making an enemy / Where is the wisdom we have lost in knowledge?

Quote Originally Posted by awp_101 View Post
    I haven’t familiarized myself with the Shadow Systems nomenclature. Is the XR basically a G45 and the DR a G17?
    Correct. Additionally, the MR920 is the G19 height, which can be had in G19 slide length or G17 slide length.

It’s my understanding that the XR, DR and MR are modular with each other.

The DR is their comp’d gun.

The CR is their subcompact.

I don’t know if the DR and CR are modular with other models. I’m guessing not.
    David S.

Quote Originally Posted by David S. View Post
    Correct. Additionally, the MR920 is the G19 height, which can be had in G19 slide length or G17 slide length.

Yep. DR and MR slides can be swapped but frames cannot. Or they can but the DR dust cover is too long for the MR slide.

The DR920P is the comp model. It is 34 length.

In essence they make three frames. G19, G45, G17. And two slides. A G19 and G19L. The L slide is G17 length but uses a G19 recoil spring. Sort of like a short version of G34.

I'm not sure what the 920P uses for a slide. Probably a G19 length with the addition of the comp to get to 34 overall length.

Quote Originally Posted by David S. View Post

CR is not modular with other current models

User Tag List