Page 16 of 31 FirstFirst ... 6141516171826 ... LastLast

Thread: Shadow Systems DR920

Shadow Systems has an excellent setup and their pistols shoot extremely well (feels a tad bit flatter vs an oem glock to me).

I own a few MR920s and the biggest downside is mounting a closed emitter. This can be remedied by getting a non OR model and getting it cut or running a G19 slide. I prefer a direct cut 509T as my optic and the G19 slide on shadow systems frame has run really well for me. My main training gun is on around 16k rounds with this combo.

Quote Originally Posted by G19Fan View Post
    Shadow Systems has an excellent setup and their pistols shoot extremely well (feels a tad bit flatter vs an oem glock to me).

I own a few MR920s and the biggest downside is mounting a closed emitter. This can be remedied by getting a non OR model and getting it cut or running a G19 slide. I prefer a direct cut 509T as my optic and the G19 slide on shadow systems frame has run really well for me. My main training gun is on around 16k rounds with this combo.
    Honestly that's my biggest hang up with ordering one today- all of my pistol-mounted optics are now closed emitter.

Quote Originally Posted by Kyle Reese View Post
    Honestly that's my biggest hang up with ordering one today- all of my pistol-mounted optics are now closed emitter.
    I think you have three options:

1) Optic Ready will accept the new holosun eps
    2) Standard can be cut for a closed. Wager Machine can do it
    3) Sell the slide and run a G19 upper (generally what I do)

Update:
    750 rounds through my DR920 Combat with no issues after the first fifty or so rounds of "break in." I've been shooting a mix of 115g Blazer Brass, 147g Fenix, 124g Stand 1 Armory, and about 50 rounds of 147g HST.

I also picked up a MR920L Elite ("Glock 19L" sized: G19 grip with a G17 slide) and shot about 75 rounds of the 124g Stand 1 Armory through it yesterday. I didn't have any "break in" issues at all like I did with the DR920. It fed properly from round one. Initial impressions are positive.
    David S.

The SS compensator system.

David S.

Quote Originally Posted by G19Fan View Post

What generation of Glock slide works/ or works the best with the Shadow Systems pistols ??

Quote Originally Posted by Biggy View Post
    What generation of Glock slide works/ or works the best with the Shadow Systems pistols ??

Gen 3 (with adapter) or Gen 4. Run both on them with zero issues primary training gun has a Gen 3 slide with the Gen 4 plug adapter

So could I get a Glock Gen 4 slide minus the barrel and use the Shadow Systems barrel or use a Glock Gen 5 Marksman barrel in it ?

Just put 100 rounds through one. Like others have said, this pistol seems to like to run fast. Easy to get splits in the teens. These guns seem to combine Glock reliability and simplicity with better ergonomics, triggers, and frame texturing. Very impressed with how natural it is to shoot this pistol fast and accurately.

For those with POI issues, the company claims switching out the backstrap (neutral, high, and low) will adjust the elevation.

Quote Originally Posted by Biggy View Post
    So could I get a Glock Gen 4 slide minus the barrel and use the Shadow Systems barrel or use a Glock Gen 5 Marksman barrel in it ?
    Yup that works

User Tag List