Page 13 of 31 FirstFirst ... 3111213141523 ... LastLast

Thread: Shadow Systems DR920

Sent from my SM-G970U using Tapatalk

That’s a cool set up.
    Formerly known as xpd54.
    The opinions expressed in this post are my own and do not reflect the opinions or policies of my employer.
    www.gunsnobbery.wordpress.com

I would not be surprised to see Shadow Systems offering a compensator option on all their pistols at some point. Also, does the new CR920 compact pistol have their interchangeable backstrap system ?

Quote Originally Posted by Biggy View Post
    …Also, does the new CR920 compact pistol have their interchangeable backstrap system ?
    It appears from the released photos and videos as well as information on the SS website and press releases, that the CR does not have the interchangeable back straps (at least the pre-production samples that we see…)

Hmph. I just assumed interchangeable backstraps because they said it featured everything the grown-up pistols do, but I don't see the pins at the top and bottom, so I guess no magwell, either. Their published specs make it about 0.5" longer than a 365 with the flush fit 10 round mag and a little shorter lengthwise and essentially the same height as the 365xl with the 13 round mag. I'm surprised it's that small, should work in a pocket. I'm envisioning one with a Holosun mini enclosed emitter.

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by DMCutter View Post
    Hmph. I just assumed interchangeable backstraps because they said it featured everything the grown-up pistols do, but I don't see the pins at the top and bottom, so I guess no magwell, either. Their published specs make it about 0.5" longer than a 365 with the flush fit 10 round mag and a little shorter lengthwise and essentially the same height as the 365xl with the 13 round mag. I'm surprised it's that small, should work in a pocket. I'm envisioning one with a Holosun mini enclosed emitter.
    Per videos from Shadow today on their Youtube channel, it does not have interchangeable backstraps due to space constraints. It is cut for a 507K/407K or the new Holosun EPS you mentioned.

I hope Shadow Systems adds a compensator option to every pistol in their product line. That includes the new CR920 . Also, IMHO Shadow Systems needs to offer all their pistols with closed emitter optic cuts, for the Aimpoint ACRO, Holosun and Steiner, etc. Also hoping they offer complete or stripped (no barrel) closed emitter optic cut slides for people that already have Shadow System Pistols.

So if you watch this video https://youtu.be/2PPQu1MGzR0 it appears that Glock 43x/48 mags will work in the cr920 based on the fact that the shield mags work in the gun as along as you switch out the mag release. Interesting. Shadow systems seems to be killing it lately.
    Instagram: sometimesishootCs

I wonder if Shadow Systems are actually making the CR920 mags themselves, which is no small feat and can take a lot of time in designing and producing them or if someone else is making them for Shadow Systems. I guess it really doesn’t matter as long as they are reliable and durable. I am just curious.

Quote Originally Posted by Biggy View Post
    I wonder if Shadow Systems are actually making the CR920 mags themselves, which is no small feat and can take a lot of time in designing and producing them or if someone else is making them for Shadow Systems. I guess it really doesn’t matter as long as they are reliable and durable. I am just curious.
    I'd guess mags are made for them by the same company making the Shield mags. Likely some company like Checkmate.

That's just a complete guess. They could be made in-house.

Sent from my SM-G970U using Tapatalk

User Tag List