Page 11 of 31 FirstFirst ... 91011121321 ... LastLast

Thread: Shadow Systems DR920

Quote Originally Posted by backtrail540 View Post
    I think that may be the more appealing option for current owners.
    Quote Originally Posted by MVS View Post
    Individual experiences vary, but I have multiple examples of both direct mount and plate mount and my desire to avoid plates gets stronger all of the time.
    While I agree that plates will almost always be less desirable than a dedicated cut, I still think Shadow Systems should still consider an adapter plate.

Hopefully QC would be consistent across the various slide lengths and from year to year that such a plate would fit tightly into the cutout. If not, some plastic spacers could be used to get a very solid fit. I'd think with the longer mounting screws SS is using now we would have the next best thing to a dedicated cut.

Point for similar discussion; when I switched from my 508T red to my 508T green I found some slight variance in body length. The red reticle version fit quite snugly with the appropriate spacer. The green version did not because the housing is fractionally smaller. I called SS to enquire about getting a new spacer. The tech told me to just use the existing spacer and to squirt a little red loktite in to help fill the gap.

Sent from my SM-G970U using Tapatalk

Red face

Message from Shadow Systems today: {Thanks for contacting us and for your input. As of right now, the ACRO cut slides are still experimental. We have them in testing both here at the factory and with several police departments. We are hoping to be able to make them available soon }

They seem to be hinting about 26 sized guns on ig with videos showing a table of guns that get smaller as you go down. The fullsize then compacts in the middle and then a smaller size on the end. The natural progression it seems.
    "...we suffer more in imagination than in reality." Seneca, probably.

Still shot from the video.

Name:  58B0B8BE-A485-4D12-9FB6-1684E233687A.jpeg
Views: 461
Size:  56.7 KB
    Formerly known as xpd54.
    The opinions expressed in this post are my own and do not reflect the opinions or policies of my employer.
    www.gunsnobbery.wordpress.com

John Farnam commented on seeing/shooting Shadow Systems' "eleven shooter" at the SHOT range day.

Quote Originally Posted by GJM View Post
    Did the drop issue ever get explained?
    What is the drop issue?

Quote Originally Posted by stinx View Post
    What is the drop issue?
    Someone supposedly dropped one and it went off. I think he posted about it on Reddit or Instagram. According to one of the tech guys at Shadow Systems (who is no longer there), they couldn't replicate the discharge, even dropping it from a ladder. I told him he should pipe up on PF but he didn't want to feed the fire. They did post a Technical Tuesday video addressing drop safety, though. I don't know that there have been any other reported instances.

Name:  Screenshot_20220117-220717_Instagram.jpg
Views: 435
Size:  21.8 KB
    "...we suffer more in imagination than in reality." Seneca, probably.

Quote Originally Posted by backtrail540 View Post
    Name:  Screenshot_20220117-220717_Instagram.jpg
Views: 435
Size:  21.8 KB
    Nice to see it will accommodate a light.

Formerly known as xpd54.
    The opinions expressed in this post are my own and do not reflect the opinions or policies of my employer.
    www.gunsnobbery.wordpress.com

User Tag List