Page 10 of 31 FirstFirst ... 8910111220 ... LastLast

Thread: Shadow Systems DR920

The possibility exists for a factory slide milled for an ACRO.

Yes or no?

Sent from my SM-G970U using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Tokarev View Post
    The possibility exists for a factory slide milled for an ACRO.

Yes or no?

I saw one of their other YouTube videos had what looked like a milled acro and inquired in the comments to no avail. Now i know why. I think it makes sense to avoid the plates like their current system.
    "...we suffer more in imagination than in reality." Seneca, probably.

Quote Originally Posted by backtrail540 View Post
    I saw one of their other YouTube videos had what looked like a milled acro and inquired in the comments to no avail. Now i know why. I think it makes sense to avoid the plates like their current system.
    Obviously the direct mount milled option is the best in terms of durability. It does nothing for current owners who may want to switch optics. Or who want an enclosed emitter like the 509T.

I think in these situations Shadow System is missing the boat. Even with an adapter plate the screws should securely attach the plate to the slide. Win win for everyone.

Quote Originally Posted by Tokarev View Post
    Obviously the direct mount milled option is the best in terms of durability. It does nothing for current owners who may want to switch optics. Or who want an enclosed emitter like the 509T.

I think in these situations Shadow System is missing the boat. Even with an adapter plate the screws should securely attach the plate to the slide. Win win for everyone.

Individual experiences vary, but I have multiple examples of both direct mount and plate mount and my desire to avoid plates gets stronger all of the time.

I have a 509t on a MR920. The Holosun plate mounts with the cover plate screws, I just had to turn the heads down a few hundredths. Depending on the Holosun plate, the screws may work without modification.

I think I will call Shadow Systems tomorrow and ask them if they would consider offering just the ACRO cut slides for sale at some point.

Quote Originally Posted by Biggy View Post
    I think I will call Shadow Systems tomorrow and ask them if they would consider offering just the ACRO cut slides for sale at some point.
    I think that may be the more appealing option for current owners.
    "...we suffer more in imagination than in reality." Seneca, probably.

Quote Originally Posted by Biggy View Post
    Let us know what you find out.

Quote Originally Posted by DMCutter View Post
    I have a 509t on a MR920. The Holosun plate mounts with the cover plate screws, I just had to turn the heads down a few hundredths. Depending on the Holosun plate, the screws may work without modification.
    You running the plastic spacer pieces with the adapter plate?

I'm out of town and can't put my hands on it right now but my recollection is that I used a spacer. I might have had to trim it down a hair to make it fit.

User Tag List