Page 7 of 31 FirstFirst ... 5678917 ... LastLast

Thread: Shadow Systems DR920

Had an opportunity to run another 300 rounds of factory 147 grain fp through the DR this morning.

Before hitting the range I swapped out the factory trigger for an Agency arms and added a Volker Precision comp.

The factory trigger has a nice feel to it with a fair amount of take up before hitting a solid wall. It broke nicely with a short reset.

After installing the Agency trigger take up was reduced and the wall has more of a rolling break. Reset is about the same. The trigger return spring is stout, for a quick and positive reset. There was a bit of grittyness with the factory and Agency triggers but that smoothed up as time went on.

I've become a fan of the Volker comp. It has a smaller profile, less mass weight than others and is very effective at reducing felt recoil and muzzle rise.

After the addition of the trigger and comp I hit the range

During the initial break in of 200 rounds I had 1 failure to return to battery. I have not had any other malfunctions since. The DR feels good in the hand and points well. Aquiring the dot is quick and effortless.

I was a little concerned about the use of the MR920 recoil spring assembly in the DR but it proved to be a non issue. Ejection was positive and combined with the comp tracking the dot was quick and easy.

I wanted to get a good feel for the DR so I spent a fair amount of time executing 1 shot engagements from the holster at the 5,7,10,15 and 25 yardlines on the timer. The DR didn't disappoint. Draws to engagements were seamless. The Shadow Systems barrel proved to be very accurate as well.

After approximately 150 single shot engagements I moved on to multiple target transitions and bill drills at 10 yards. The DR really began to shine for me here. It seemed like the faster I pushed it the better it performed. It put the bullet exactly where I wanted it in a hurry with little effort from me. It just felt good driving it.

All in all so far I'm impressed. If the DR continues to perform this way it will most likely become my go to.

Sent from my Pixel 4 using Tapatalk

Thanks for the update.

I had my DR920 apart the other day and was really tempted to slap my MR920 slide on and cut the frame accordingly. I don't know if I would swap slides back and forth or end up using the DR as a G17 or G45 but it would be a fun thing to play with.

But then I chickened out. Not that it would be too terribly hard to saw and sand the frame. I'm just not sure I need to go down that road yet. Plus if I use the DR in G45 format it would leave my MR frame without a slide...

Sent from my SM-G970U using Tapatalk

Anyone put a gadget on a shadow systems?
    EMS, Rescue, Fire, fun stuff

Quote Originally Posted by Westtexasrancher View Post
    Anyone put a gadget on a shadow systems?
    Yes, Gen 4 gadget on the MR918.

They won’t fit on the MR920, though, because they changed the design a little bit. I called Shadow Systems when the 920 came out to ask about this and that’s what they told me.

It’s really too bad.

Major bummer. Thanks for the info tho!
    EMS, Rescue, Fire, fun stuff

I also found a reference to this in the comments to a piece on their website.

Name:  B329CA55-E70D-446E-849F-0D280499219D.jpg
Views: 1206
Size:  29.8 KB
    https://shadowsystemscorp.com/mr918-...hange-and-why/

Info on the extra spring. And some other stuff about the striker:

Murder Machine, Harmless Fuzzball TCinVA's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Kanye Wyoming View Post
    I also found a reference to this in the comments to a piece on their website.

Name:  B329CA55-E70D-446E-849F-0D280499219D.jpg
Views: 1206
Size:  29.8 KB
    https://shadowsystemscorp.com/mr918-...hange-and-why/
    I figured as much looking at pictures of them. It's a shame because the beavertail on their grip does a good job of shielding my hand from Glock slide bite.

I had the chance to shoot one not long ago. It shot well...a little too well. I launched a round into the berm trying to move between targets just attempting to reset the trigger during the transition. That and the inability to put an SCD in it ruled the gun out for me.
    3/15/2016

I finally had a chance to handle one of these at the lgs. My friend was put off by the price until we discussed grabbing the 45 mos next to it, sending it for stippling, a proper plate, sights and trigger and your'e right in the same ballpark.

Subjectively it felt like an improved glock - functional texture where it should be, nice working front serrations (the glock front serrations are fine for me as well and more ubiquitous now), sights were great and the trigger seemed fine(I'm not a trigger snob by any means but I don't like the trigger safety on a standard glock, even worse on the serrated triggers). I would modify a gadget like JCN above to see how it holds up and obviously I can't tell how the mounting system works from handling in a shop but I think it's an attractive package - particularly the ability to change how it points via the backstraps (a great thing when you've got gun a.d.d. like I and change platforms randomly at will).

If I ever decide to get back into glock style guns then tracking down one of these would be very appealing based on initial handling.

For the few members who have these, are they running without problems so far?
    "...we suffer more in imagination than in reality." Seneca, probably.

Couple questions for those familiar with these sorta Glocks: I have a 19x with some minor work done (comp, Acro direct mill, trigger, magwell) and was considering getting a G45MOS as a spare, set up fairly similar but in RMR pattern mounting. I came across the DR920 combat, which seems to come with all the stuff I would have done to the G45 anyways and would likely be similarly priced. How much interchangeability exists between a gen 5 and the DR, particularly slides- could I swap top ends between 19x and DR?
    Anything I post is my opinion alone as a private citizen.

User Tag List