Thread: Shield Arms S15 Gen , good enough for carry?

Shield Arms S15 Gen , good enough for carry?

Have the Gen 3 Shield Arms magazine proven reliable enough for carry?

I’ve heard of issues with prior generations, just wondering if they have everything sorted out yet?

I looked in to this some myself recently as I've wanted to try them since the Gen1 release but held off because of the spotty QC and performance issues. What I've found is that nothing's changed much in how people approach them. Everyone seems to be holding to the same advice of "buy them, run them, sell them if they don't work for you" because they're not consistent enough for anyone to give blanket approval on them. So for me, I'm still a factory 10rnd guy in my G48, which is frustrating. I really like the G48 overall, but being limited to 10rnds if I want absolute reliability kinda stinks when other options are fitting 12-17rnds in the same footprint or smaller...

I'd really, really like a G48/P365/Shield+ option in DA/SA, if anyone out there is taking notes!

I think it’s a personal risk assessment. I tried two of the S15 mags in my Glock 48 for 100 round with no issues. I sold the gun (and the mags) shortly after because: reasons.

My sense at this juncture is I’d rather have OEM mags with a carry gun.

User Tag List