Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Mark 7 Reloading Announces New Press

Mark 7 Reloading Announces New Press

https://www.markvii-loading.com/load...eid=ce093672c9

I love the idea of 10 stations. Do I need that many? Nope. But empty die stations don't hurt anything.

MSRP is pushing $3k. Not for the faint of heart.

Sent from my SM-G970U using Tapatalk

Versus FA 10 for 1/3 the price.
    Code Name: JET STREAM

Quote Originally Posted by Jim Watson View Post
    Its probably made in China at that price and at this point Frankfort Arsenal is pretty much an unknown when it comes to making reloading presses. I wouldn't be an early adopter on that one.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

That's what they are saying on Benos, too.
    But I was reading what they said about the Mk 7s early on, too.
    Code Name: JET STREAM

It is a bold move on the part of Lyman dba Mk7 to take on Dillon on the high end of things. It seems to be working out.

I was curious how the new Model 10 fits into the Evolution and Revolution line. But I see the new 10 actually replaces the Evolution. Not sure what was wrong with the Evo and what prompted the new press.

I like the press. I saw the changes as Lyman bringing some of their manufacturing expertise to the Mark7 line. The change to the cast turret head, such like that. Some of the photographs on the website still show the billet turret head, instead of the cast one. It looks like they are still developing and transitioning the press. (Edited to add, it looks like they fixed the pictures with the billet parts)

I know for my Dillon presses, I’m in contact with Dillon in Arizona once every three months or so, either ordering spare parts or asking advice on tuning and set up. I think manufacturer support on a product like a reloading press is absolutely critical. I’m curious to see how Frankford Arsenal is going to address that issue with their budget progressive press. Time will tell, but I think an item like a reloading press benefits greatly by the manufacturer and tech support being located in the US.
    "Government is not reason, it is not eloquence, it is force; like fire, a troublesome servant and a fearful master"

Quote Originally Posted by Jim Watson View Post
    Except the Mark 7 is 10 times the machine, and made in the USA
    -Seconds Count. Misses Don't-

Site Supporter
    I may be wrong, but at first glance, this looks like the designer got ideas from Ponses Warren, an old line of shot shell and some metallic presses. Spare parts for this baby will be expensive. I can't figure the target group.

Quote Originally Posted by willie View Post
    I may be wrong, but at first glance, this looks like the designer got ideas from Ponses Warren, an old line of shot shell and some metallic presses. Spare parts for this baby will be expensive. I can't figure the target group.
    Same group who would otherwise buy a Dillon 1050/1100 or CP2000. More of a professional grade press for the serious high volume shooter or even commercial reloader.

Quote Originally Posted by Tokarev View Post
    I love the idea of 10 stations. Do I need that many? Nope. But empty die stations don't hurt anything.

MSRP is pushing $3k. Not for the faint of heart.
    Interesting decision to release it when you can't get components to feed it.
    "Gunfighting is a thinking man's game. So we might want to bring thinking back into it."-MDFA

User Tag List