Page 10 of 10 FirstFirst ... 8910

Thread: Judge Benitez is hearing a challenge to the CA AWB today!

Yeah, back to judge Benitez to re-hear the case only to come to the same conclusion. Then appealed to the 9th 3 judge panel only to then have it appealed en banc. And this will take how much longer?

I know there is a process but damn.
    We could isolate Russia totally from the world and maybe they could apply for membership after 2000 years.

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by 5pins View Post
    Yeah, back to judge Benitez to re-hear the case only to come to the same conclusion. Then appealed to the 9th 3 judge panel only to then have it appealed en banc. And this will take how much longer?

I know there is a process but damn.
    This is all somewhat confusing, but the Rupp case, which is the one that got vacated and remanded, was decided in 2019 by a different district court judge, who found that the California AWB was constitutional. A quote from that decision:

However, California has permissibly weighed those interests against the weapons’ propensity for being used for mass violence
    and concluded that the weapons’ lawful value is drastically outweighed by the danger they pose to California citizens.
    Accordingly, the Court concludes that the AWCA withstands intermediate scrutiny.

Case docs appear to be here:

https://michellawyers.com/rupp-v-becerra/

Here is an article from last year discussing all the different cases at the ninth circuit.

https://www.thetruthaboutguns.com/mi...-californians/

Joshs, I'm sure, has a better handle on this stuff, but I'm not tech savvy enough to tag him..

Quote Originally Posted by Glenn E. Meyer View Post
    More endless legal weeds on a clear issue, but what do I know? I'm running out of years before this gets settled, in my pessimistic world view.
    Glenn, I don't think it will ever be "settled". There will forever be tension on this type of issue, and see-sawing legal battles. Heck, look what just happened to Roe v Wade.

User Tag List