Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast

Thread: Buying extractor and ejector for my new Glock 26 gen3

Site Supporter
    You will enjoy your Glock. Consensus is they run best with Glock parts. Be aware that original Glock parts are almost unobtainable. Therefore, losing one, even a small spring, has become a big deal.

Site Supporter
    I went through a relatively short phase where I fiddled with my Glocks. I'm completely over it now. I think hearing someone articulate the difference between "gun guys" and "shooters" helped speed me along. I own plenty of guns, but I hope I'm more of a shooter than a gun guy. I'd much rather spend time dry firing than detail stripping my pistol. The last part I swapped out was the factory guide rod for a new factory guide rod in my 19.5 practice pistol after I'd put 5,000 rounds through the gun. I think the only non-factory parts in any of my Glocks now are SCDs and sights.

Site Supporter
    I shoot my G26 better than I do my Glock 19. I really like this model. The op made a wise choice. I admit to having tinkered with and messed up a few nice guns along the way. I fixed too many that were not broke. Now I use my Dremel tool to trim my toenails.

Anyone experience stock extractor breakage?

Quote Originally Posted by Alan0354 View Post
    Anyone experience stock extractor breakage?
    After about 40k rounds, I found a little chip in the extractor one of my Gen 3 Glock 19s. I could just barely see it in the right light and fell it with my finger nail. It is entirely possible it was there from day one. The gun ran fine.

The only thing I have ever done to Glocks is apply skateboard tape and night sights. If you really feel a need to stock spare parts, stock a spare recoil spring assembly. Although at today’s prices you will go broke before you need it.
    I was into 10mm Auto before it sold out and went mainstream, but these days I'm here for the revolver and epidemiology information.

Another voice in the “leave it alone” camp.

I probably modify my Glocks more than most here - I add a SCD to every gun, an extended slide stop to compensate for an old thumb injury (Glock OEM for everything but the slimlines, and a Vickers for those,) better sights (usually Ameriglo Hackathorns,) a Glock OEM extended mag release or, in the case of the slimlines, a Vickers part (same thumb issue as above) and now in a few cases a Vickers flat faced trigger. I do *not* use other than OEM internals.

Unless you’re trying to respond to a functional problem, I personally feel swapping internals is not a great idea. And, even then, I would probably dump the gun if any problems couldn’t be fixed with new OEM parts.
    Ken

BBI: ...”you better not forget the safe word because shit's about to get weird”...
    revchuck38: ...”mo' ammo is mo' betta' unless you're swimming or on fire.”

Buying replacement parts, especially parts as critical to the function of the gun like the extractor, for a gun that hasn’t had issues is silly. You’re much more likely to cause problems with a Lone Wolf extractor than you are to solve them. There seems to be this misconception about MIM that it’s always bad or always worse than forged parts. Some parts are designed and engineered to be MIM from the get-go and that MIM part will last you a very reasonable life cycle. Any problems you’ve heard about regarding Gen3 and Gen4 Glock extractors were solved almost a decade ago. Just buy the gun and shoot it. You’ll be fine.
    My posts only represent my personal opinion and do not necessarily reflect the opinions or official policies of any employer, past or present. Obvious spelling errors are likely the result of an iPhone keyboard.

Got my Glock 26.
    Name:  Glock1.jpg
Views: 175
Size:  53.7 KB

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by Alan0354 View Post
    Got my Glock 26.
    Name:  Glock1.jpg
Views: 175
Size:  53.7 KB
    Enjoy. I wish you all the best!

pat
    Last edited by UNM1136; 02-12-2021 at 07:17 PM. Reason: The misplaced comma was a little wierd...

Site Supporter
    Good grab! Add some skateboard tape, ensure the present sights work for you and are regulated then leave the rest alone. Buy ammo. Do a realistic assessment to determine YOUR needs. Find a belt/holster/mag pouch combo that works for YOUR needs. Get training that is relevant to YOUR needs and that REALISTICALLY PRESSURE TESTS your gear choices. Be ready to make changes to that gear. Participate in regular training that SUSTAINS the skills that you honed in the initial training. Do regular PM to maintain and CHECK FOR WEAR. Replace parts if NEEDED. The gun will last you a life time.

User Tag List