Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Buying extractor and ejector for my new Glock 26 gen3

Site Supporter
    I bought a used G26.3 several years ago, my first Glock. I cleaned it, lubed it, put an SCD on it, and started shooting it. At ~325 rounds, I put a set of Trijicon HDs on it and kept shooting it.

The *only* issues I’ve ever had with it were several Russian steel case rounds that didn’t want to pop, one aluminum case from an Independence round (noticeably weak ejection - I stopped and checked the barrel for an obstruction) that flipped over and landed in the ejection port, and after about 2500 rounds, a chunk of the RSA nose cap disappeared. One $18 new RSA later, and it was back online.

It is one of my favorite guns of all time. I plan to get a gen 5 at some point, but really I’m not in a hurry. This gun has killed every critter I’ve shot it at, hit every target, runs and runs like anything using quality ammo, and acceptably well on the cheapest crap imaginable.

What more could I possibly want from a gun?

Sometimes, I confess wanting a longer grip. That’s when I get out the 19x.

I would probably not replace any internal parts unless the gun doesn’t run. The odds of it running right out of the box are definitely in your favor.

Site Supporter
    In general, after market parts cause problems in Glocks. If your pistol does develop problems, let Glock fix it. I urge you to avoid after market magazines. I suggest that you begin shopping for 10 rd mags for your pistol. When you do clean it, keep oil out of the firing pin channel. If it ain't broke, don't fix it. Glocks are ugly handguns that work.

My OCD

Quote Originally Posted by willie View Post
    In general, after market parts cause problems in Glocks. If your pistol does develop problems, let Glock fix it. I urge you to avoid after market magazines. I suggest that you begin shopping for 10 rd mags for your pistol. When you do clean it, keep oil out of the firing pin channel. If it ain't broke, don't fix it. Glocks are ugly handguns that work.
    When I buy a new striker pistol, I take out the striker assembly to clean out the striker channel. I just spray a bit of synthetic approved cleaner in the channel and let it dry. Wipe down the striker assembly with a clean cloth, then reassemble. At least I know there is no oil in the channel and the last time I cleaned it.

I’ve had a G26-3 for 21 years. I had to do the math because I remember who I sold my Kahr to and used the money to buy the 26. I’ve had zero issues with it. It’s an ankle gun and it’s always run even when dirty. Trijicon HDs and a Gadget are the only aftermarket parts on it.
    Just a dog chauffeur that used to hold the dumb end of the leash.

Site Supporter
    My experience with buying spare parts for guns to "keep on hand, just in case" is that they go into other people's guns FAR, FAR, FAR more often than they actually replace broken parts in my guns. I have had strikers, trigger bars, iron sights, trigger housings, locking blocks, pins, and extractors break, and I have fixed them in minutes. I am responsible for the inspection, approval, and repair of the primary, backup, and shoulder weapons of 40+ cops. For the last two decades. One of the guns was a two pin Gen 2 Glock 19, that had never been gone over by an armorer. Only twice did I have the same problem, almost 20 years apart, and the second time it wasn't on one of my guns, and it wasn't a part (in Glocks) that many people would check, let alone have on hand for repair.

You are far better served with a duplicate gun for training and shooting, and a separate one for carry, than trying to figure out what parts you should keep spares of. Shoot one, carry the other. Replace parts as necessary, while carrying a functioning gun.

I am late to the party on nearly every cool widget, gadget, and doohickey. I started my career as a cop at $11.00/hr, and have a wife I put through college, and three kids in private school. I recently switched to an RMR'd glock and am saving my pennies for a duplicate. I also have an M&P9 issued to me if there is a problem with that Glock, which is a testbed for the agency. I am running and aftermarket slide assembly, and the original, assembled, OEM slide assembly is in a plastic container, to "keep on hand, just in case."

Seriously, save your money for spare parts until something actually breaks. A dupicate gun is a much, much better investment. Don't fix it if it ain't broke, because you just might fix it enough that it becomes broke. I did that, with a Glock 21 in the mid 90s. And the parts I damaged from incessant detail stripping and reassembly caused reliability issues that every Glock armorer I took it to scratched his head and said "huh, I really don't know". In my 3rd armorer's course the problem was widespread enough that finally I got some closure and a resolution. A decade later when one of my cops had the same problem I was able to identify and repair it. Detail stripping a gun with plastic and steel parts too much causes tolerences to change, leading to problems as steel parts mar, then shave, then wiggle in plastic holes, enlarging them and changing the fit.

The 2000 round test should tell you if there are any defective parts or assembly problems.

And welcome to P-F!

pat
    Last edited by UNM1136; 02-06-2021 at 05:02 PM.

THE THIRST MUTILATOR Nephrology's Avatar
    I have two Gen 3 Glock 26s with several thousand rounds through the pair. Both run very well and have no issues with extraction. I wouldn't buy any parts unless the gun has issues.

I cannot buy parts anyway, all out. So it has to be as is.

I bought a gen3 26 a few months ago. I was lucky enough to put another couple boxes through it this weekend. This thing is a piece of s**t. It fired every time I pulled the trigger and the brass fell about 2' to my right. I think I will try and pawn it off and buy a nice sig 320.

Quote Originally Posted by Smitty View Post
    I bought a gen3 26 a few months ago. I was lucky enough to put another couple boxes through it this weekend. This thing is a piece of s**t. It fired every time I pulled the trigger and the brass fell about 2' to my right. I think I will try and pawn it off and buy a nice sig 320.
    What's wrong if the shell fell 2' away? Did it ever jam?

What make you think Sig 320 is better, read a lot of negative stuffs on 320.
    Last edited by Alan0354; 02-07-2021 at 07:36 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Alan0354 View Post
    What's wrong if the shell fell 2' away? Did it ever jam?
    I believe that was sarcasm.

User Tag List