Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Buying extractor and ejector for my new Glock 26 gen3

Buying extractor and ejector for my new Glock 26 gen3

Hi

I just bought a new Glock 26 gen3 today, I will have it in 10 days. I was to experiment changing some parts, here are my questions.

1) Is the stock MIM extractor really bad that it won't last? Or is it just Apex trashing the MIM Glock extractor to sell their expensive extractor?

2) I want to change the ejector to gen4 as I read and watch on line that gen 4 is better. I went on the Glock Store, looked like the gen4 ejector(30274) can just fit into the gen3 trigger block. I plan to buy a new gen3 trigger block and a gen4 trigger block( to take the ejector out). I am going to play it safe and put away the origin trigger block with the ejector untouched so if all else gone wrong, I just put back the original assembly. I just put the gen4 ejector into the new gen3 trigger block I buy and put into the gun.

Also, I don't know where to buy the extractor spring load bearing. I want to buy one that is slightly longer to put a little more pressure if needed. I want to order all these before the waiting period of the gun.

Thanks

You don't have the gun yet. Other than adding good quality sights in the form you most prefer, you really should hold off considering swapping any parts at all.

Apex is a great company but their parts exist to fix problems that you very likely do not have. Your Gen3 G26 will probably run like a scalded ape with no help from the aftermarket. Save your money for the very very expensive ammo you'll be hunting for.
    --Josh
    “Formerly we suffered from crimes; now we suffer from laws.” - Tacitus.

I've had a bunch of Gen 3 glocks, including G26's, and they all ran fine with the original extractor and ejector. As mentioned above, maybe try shooting your new G26 a bunch, and if you get problems (brass to face, etc) then consider changing things.

I would shoot it first. Use a variety of ammo. See what happens with function of the firearm. You will have plenty of opportunity to buy aftermarket parts. We’ve probably read the same articles and seen the same videos on various Glock problems and fixes. Just see how she shoots before swapping out parts.

Gen 3 9mm Glocks generally had no widespread common problems. Most the complaints I have heard about the extraction and btf are from the gen 4 9mm owners. As cited, shoot the gun, it likely needs absolutely nothing except maybe a new recoil spring depending on the round count.

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by LOKNLOD View Post
    You don't have the gun yet. Other than adding good quality sights in the form you most prefer, you really should hold off considering swapping any parts at all.

Apex is a great company but their parts exist to fix problems that you very likely do not have. Your Gen3 G26 will probably run like a scalded ape with no help from the aftermarket. Save your money for the very very expensive ammo you'll be hunting for.
    This.

I've had so many Glock pistols in the past its shameful. In 10's of thousands of rounds I've never had a reason to swap extractors or ejectors other than due to normal wear and tear.

Once you get the gun in hand, clean it really well. Then lube it, load it and shoot it.

IF, and only IF there is a pattern of the same issue developing, look into troubleshooting that particular issue.

I owned a Gen 3 G26 for about 20 years. It was one of, if not the most reliable pistol I have ever owned. And I’ve been through a few guns.

Early in the Gen4 production, Glock did switch from cast to MIM extractors simultaneously in Gen 3 Glocks. Whle the ones in the Gen4s were more noticably problematic, the issues were resolved literally years ago-like about 8-10 years ago. The liklihood of you having a problematic one today is slim.

As everyone has suggested, clean and properly lubricate the G26 (especially the triggerbar/connector interfacing surfaces). Then run it for 500 rounds (that is, if it's financially feasible for you to get 500 rounds in these days...and that's assuming you can find available stocks); any problems will likely crop up during that initial period.

Stop worrying about hardware substitutions until you can quantifiably and empirically demonstrate a need to do so on your specific Glock is my suggestion. And fiddling with the EDP spring rate is probably a recipie for problems in and of itself...

Best, Jon

Buy whatever extra/spare parts you want. Fiddle with the Glock until it's broken, if you want. You won't be the first to do so.

A new G26gen3 may work perfectly fine with zero s'ubstitutions of parts.
    A 30274 (gen4) ejector may or may not change anything. If reading prior folks posts of what they did to cure a potential ejection problem, sometimes the existing 336 ejector worked fine. These posts were likely prior to the latest Gen5 47021 ejector being developed, btw.

Note, Apex Tactical doesn't recommend any of its Glock extractors for the G26 models. As I recall, it had something to do with a G26's barrel angle as the slide retracts. The caveat against using an Apex extractor is in the fine print on the Apex Tactical website.

Any specific other parts such as a spring loaded bearing will need to be shopped for on the various internet parts suppliers.

Last month I bought a recent production G26 Gen-3. It was accurate and reliable but ejection was all over the place. My solution? Sold it and bought a 26.5 with the breechface cut. Ejection is now perfect. This was my 15th Glock. I no longer have the patience to deal with crazy ejection and try to fix a problem that shouldn’t be occurring in the first place.

User Tag List