Thread: Shot after a year and 2 months - USPSA

Site Supporter

Shot after a year and 2 months - USPSA

Usually an IDPA shooter but locally, it's USPSA. Finally got my guns and shot my first match. It was indoor, WNYPPL - nice folks. So, my first stage, too many shots to the right - my typical left handed error. Gun was a stock Glock 17 G4, my IDPA gun. By the last of 4 stages, I was doing much better, lots of alphas. However, old and slow. Guys run from position to position, not for me.

It's basically trigger time to keep up skills with an EDC platform related gun (EDC is G26). I would shoot my 1911 except - NO AMMO.

There's IDPA about an hour and 15 minutes away - wait till the weather breaks. However, it was fun and meets my needs. Listening to a debate on triggers, grip angles, Glocks, 1911s, CZ - a commonality across the states.

I guess I was lucky that Eris county really changed the permit paradigm. Folks told me it took 14 months in the past - me - 3 months.

When the weather breaks, might go for steel in 22 LR with my 10/22 - damn, should have kept my Buckmark. Who know that the apocalypse would hit. I didn't want to ship it and pay the fees on the off chance, I wouldn't get a permit. Bah.

I was a little worried when I clicked the thread title...
    #RESIST

Site Supporter
    Folks did talk about the poor guy who got killed in Rochester when we were discussing safety and drop safe, CZs, etc.

Quote Originally Posted by LittleLebowski View Post
    I was a little worried when I clicked the thread title...
    You weren't the only one!

Site Supporter
    So LL, edit the title to Shot a Match After a Year! Haha

User Tag List