Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: LAV fighting cancer

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by olstyn View Post
    Chemo is no joke.
    Yup. Most of you know this, but your doc is pumping a ton of incredibly toxic chems into you and hoping your cancer gives out before you do...

I have had issues with LAV, but #servicetocountry .

Prayers sent, and God bless.

pat

Site Supporter
    I've never met the man, but past posts here tell me all I need to know. "Rampage for the cure!" Cancer really does suck.
    Last edited by 11B10; 02-04-2021 at 07:42 PM.
    "We are the domestic pets of a human zoo we call civilization."

Laurence Gonzales - "Deep Survival."

Quote Originally Posted by UNM1136 View Post
    Yup. Most of you know this, but your doc is pumping a ton of incredibly toxic chems into you and hoping your cancer gives out before you do...
    Indeed. Chemo drugs are in fact considered to be hazmat, and come with handling precautions for the people who are administering them.

//things you learn in mandatory training due to working for a healthcare org, even in non-patient-facing roles...

Update from his Facebook page:

Lymphoma update; so during chemo last Monday the lump on my face swelled up much larger than it had ever been before. The second pic is just a few days later - the lump is all but gone! I am absolutely amazed - it feels very strange having my left cheek area return to normal as it hasn’t been that way for the better part of one year. As far as the chemo after effects for me the fatigue roller coaster has been the biggest issue. Up and down one day to the next and sometimes one hour to the next. Fortunately I have stayed ahead of the nausea power curve by taking anti nausea meds religiously a few days after chemo. Another factor that surprised me a bit is bone fatigue- they gave me a white blood cell ‘booster’ shot the day after chemo and the side effect is bone fatigue. Imagine a slight lower back strain that doesn’t go away and that’s what it feels like. Not very comfortable at all. The other thing that is very tiresome is the amount of times you get stuck with needles - I’ve probably been stuck going on 2 dozen times now in the last few months . At least I have a port in my chest which does preserve my veins. Overall I’m very positive and even though I won’t be traveling to teach my classes until the fall or late summer I plan on doing a bunch of videos for my YouTube channel. And I would be remiss if I didn’t thank the countless friends and fans who have reached out with your positive thoughts and prayers !! Thanks to each and every one of you !! It is priceless!! I’ll drive on and stay positive! And all of you do the same ! Have a good one - LAV out.

Name:  149726563_10164934380790416_6039535797369325166_o.jpg
Views: 1228
Size:  34.6 KB

I talked to him Friday, he is home from the hospital, done with his treatments and is feeling good. He said to tell everyone "thank you for your prayers and well wishes, they meant a lot".

We'll be on the range again soon.

🙏🏻🙏🏻🙏🏻

Only had one class with LAV, but have the greatest respect for him and his service to our country!!!

God Bless you and your family.
    Gun Free Zones Aren’t an Inhibition….they’re an Invitation.

Site Supporter
    How is Larry doing?

He's doing good.

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by Amp View Post
    He's doing good.
    Glad to hear. I’ve really come to appreciate him over the years, and I would love to experience more of his insights and knowledge.

Thank you for the update!

User Tag List