Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: LAV fighting cancer

LAV fighting cancer

Please pray for him, with God's help he will beat this. Stay strong Brother!

From his Facebook page:
    Ok so it’s time to public ; I was recently diagnosed with follicular lymphoma. I am willing to bet this came from my time in Delta because of the dangerous fumes and toxic chemicals we are exposed to. I say this because I know at least two Delta operators I served with that died from various types of cancer. One was well known as ‘Dalton Fury’ in the book world. I noticed a bump on my left cheek below my left eye awhile back- if you look closely in the Laugo Arms Alien video on my YouTube channel you can spot it. It never got any better, only worse, so after a Covid test ( it came back negative) my new doctor asked about any other issues. I mentioned the bump on my face and he immediately put a series of tests in place to investigate. That is what started the chain of events that led to now - I’m in a Charlotte NC cancer center getting my first chemo. Because of this I have canceled all training classes for the next 7 months ( the projected length of the cancer treatment). The risk of dying from Covid while taking chemo is 20% or 1 in 5. Needless to say traveling was off the table immediately due to the risk of exposure. The good news in all of this is that lymphoma is a very treatable type of cancer with an excellent prognosis. They say I will lose my hair. If so I will embrace that fully and continue filming for my YouTube channel. Unfortunately I will not be able to teach any classes in person for several months - fall 2021 will be the earliest. I appreciate all the well wishers that I know in the industry that have reached out to me to offer support. My wife in particular has really been super supportive thru this process. I’ll keep everyone posted and most likely do a video in regards to my lymphoma in the near future. Thanks to all of you for support over the years and the positive thoughts and prayers on my behalf. I appreciate it more than words can describe. I will absolutely beat this, put it in remission and drive on full speed ahead with all my firearms Industry related endeavors. Stay safe everyone!! # VickersGuide #aztectraining

THE THIRST MUTILATOR Nephrology's Avatar
    That's shitty to hear. Best of luck to him, being diagnosed with cancer during COVID has got to be rough.

Site Supporter
    Fuck

Site Supporter
    Godspeed to him. He’s from the era of Operators that most intrigue me.

Damn that is a shitty diagnosis.

Best of luck to LAV. I hope things are able to get under control for him. Lymphomas are no damn joke.

Fuck Cancer!

Terrible news. Wishing the best to LAV!

Site Supporter
    That sucks, I took a couple classes from him and always liked his videos. He has become more refined in the last few years, too.

He is displaying a great attitude in the face of a fearsome disease. Wishing him the best and sending prayers.

Best wishes and prayers for LAV and his family.

W/R
    Steve

I talked to him earlier today on the phone and he was getting chemo as we were talking. He was in good spirits, talking about us getting together to go shooting and how he is going to beat this thing. He has the right mindset and with our prayers, support and God’s help, he will.

I've been told by oncologists and oncology nurses that I've worked with, that it is the fighters who stand the best chance.

And indeed, FUCK Cancer!
    Don’t blame me. I didn’t vote for that dumb bastard.

User Tag List