Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567 LastLast

Thread: FBI agents shot serving warrant in Florida

Quote Originally Posted by LittleLebowski View Post
    I'm seriously asking this; why not hit them outside of the home preferably?

There’s pros and cons to either side. I’m a former SWAT and Tactical guy. I favor barricading them vs taking them off in a vehicle. I’m talking a surround and call out.

I don’t like the chances of them going to the breeze in a car. You just don’t know where they’ll end up especially if they’re a hard core violent career criminal. If they burn the take off now you’ve got a pursuit.

Yes barricading them is dangerous too but they’re contained.
    Just a dog chauffeur that used to hold the dumb end of the leash.

I'm seriously asking this; why not hit them outside of the home preferably?
    With a solo arrest warrant, that's easy. If a drug or human trafficking TF has search and arrest warrants being served in multiple locations by multiple jurisdictions, that's incredibly complicated.

New technology creates new problems you have to work out in planning.
    "Gunfighting is a thinking man's game. So we might want to bring thinking back into it."-MDFA

Beware of my temper, and the dog that I've found...

I'm a fan of catching a suspect in transit with a vehicle containment technique using unmarked vehicles along with marked police vehicles. We started using this with robbery crews and it has prevented a lot of shootings.
    Get a car behind the suspect vehicle, an unmarked directly in front, and another vehicle's front bumper to pin the driver side door. Officers in the front and side vehicle unass out to the rear vehicle and you work your felony stop. Get the suspect(s) out from the passenger side. They can't run because the vehicle is pinned by three cars. The timing has to be right and it's something that has to be practiced. The heavier the vehicles the better.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

Modding this sack of shit BehindBlueI's's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by TGS View Post
    Do a car stop instead of hitting a door and have it turn sour, and everyone on the interwebs will still piss on your grave and say, "BuHT diDNt they LERN fr0m 1986!!!11!"
    Or when there's a pursuit, they'll tell you to pick them up at home.
    Sorta around sometimes for some of your shitty mod needs.

Site Supporter
    Warning #1-I am speaking in generalities based on my training, education and experience. I "know" nothing more that what has been reported in the news. I have not reviewed the search warrant nor the affidavit filed therewith. I have no information at all regarding the subject beyond his name and what has been reported in the news in the last few hours.

Warning #2-This is my present primary practice area

Some in this thread are conflating "best practices" for serving a search warrant with serving an arrest warrant such that their comments while perhaps being heartfelt, are totally inapplicable to the situation at hand.

These agents were reportedly serving a search warrant. Most subjects who receive/distribute/possess/access and/or product images/videos of child exploitation/abuse/rape keep their collections on multiple interconnected devices to include devices typically found in the home. Therefore, the home is almost always where PC is going to be. It is a matter of public record that the default and most common timeframe to serve a federal search warrant is 0600 to 2200. As this incident reportedly happened at 0604, they clearly had made the decision to serve it as early as they could.

Offices and agents differ re the tactics used and personnel deployed serving of search warrants on these individuals. Offices and agents differ on whether a subject will even be arrested the day the warrant is served or whether they will be arrested at a later date after the forensic examination of the seized device(s) has taken place.

Prayers up and out to all involved and their families.
    I am not your attorney. I am not giving legal advice. Any and all opinions expressed are personal and my own and are not those of any employer-past, present or future.

Quote Originally Posted by vcdgrips View Post
    Some in this thread are conflating "best practices" for serving a search warrant with serving an arrest warrant such that their comments while perhaps being heartfelt, are totally inapplicable to the situation at hand.
    The point is to talk trash about people who got dealt a shitty hand because people on the internet always know better.

The point isn't any useful discussion. If it was, everyone would just shut the fuck up since they don't actually know what had happened, or apparently got their badge out of a cracker jack box and don't know the difference between search and arrest warrants.
    "Are you ready? Okay. Let's roll."- Last words of Todd Beamer

The point is to talk trash about people who got dealt a shitty hand because people on the internet always know better.
    Is anyone here doing that?
    #RESIST

Is anyone here doing that?
    Well, when every swinging dick in the wind seems to think they knew the better way to do it, it certainly seems so to me.

Well, when every swinging dick in the wind seems to think they knew the better way to do it, it certainly seems so to me.
    What I saw I this thread from many very, very experienced LEOs is “it depends” or “there are is no black and white, there are only shades of gray”. What are you taking offense at? Can we not discuss this? Said experienced LEOs took no offense at this thread.
    #RESIST

What I saw I this thread from many very, very experienced LEOs is “it depends” or “there are is no black and white, there are only shades of gray”. What are you taking offense at? Can we not discuss this? Said experienced LEOs took no offense at this thread.
    I'm not going to get dragged into another pissing match with you about taking offense about my offense or something.

The comment stands as is: people are talking out of their ass.

User Tag List