Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Supply and Demand Causing Pricing Bifurcation

Currently by the ocean in CA and on the move to a more free state. Three more years!
    Bifurcated is a great word. The last time I heard it we were discussing possums.

My local shops have basically turned into transfer hubs. I am currently in CA and our pool of available guns is already limited. With the BLM/Antifa riots and COVID, most have been sold out for months. Due to the already limited choices, everything is selling high. Most of the guns now are coming in state off GunBroker or other online auction sites.

I'm headed to a free state next month and can't wait to hit the local shops. It will be interesting to see what is going on over there.

I hope they weight production toward getting reasonably priced, well-enough made guns in the hands of people who didn't own one before.
    I was into 10mm Auto before it sold out and went mainstream, but these days I'm here for the revolver and epidemiology information.

Quote Originally Posted by Doc_Glock View Post
    What is the Beretta market doing? Asking for a friend...
    Not a single Beretta at my LGS. Even the commemorative M9 sold.

Name:  IMG_20210201_171045457.jpg
Views: 706
Size:  89.6 KB

My buddies gun shop in Jacksonville NC as of 1700 on Feb 1st, part of the " joys" of being in a pistol purchase permit state...
    "So strong is this propensity of mankind, to fall into mutual animosities, that where no substantial occasion presents itself, the most frivolous and fanciful distinctions have been sufficient to kindle their unfriendly passions, and excite their most violent conflicts." - James Madison, Federalist No 10

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by farscott View Post
    Not a single Beretta at my LGS. Even the commemorative M9 sold.
    I know of a couple of different stores here in the Birmingham area with m9’s m9a3’s and a couple of Langdons. Glocks are still coming in; but selling quickly. Ammo is still hard to find; but it’s coming in, it just gets sold quickly too.

ETA: while ammo is higher that’s online in most stores most places haven’t jacked up gun prices ie Glocks are still in the 5-600 range.
    Last edited by Caballoflaco; 02-01-2021 at 05:35 PM.
    im strong, i can run faster than train

4.3M background checks in January '21- a new monthly record, period.

Demand is actually continuing to grow. It's nuts, but hey, more gun owners means more pushback against legislative stupidity. I hope?
    Per the PF Code of Conduct, I have a commercial interest in the StreakTM product as sold by Ammo, Inc.

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by Bergeron View Post
    4.3M background checks in January '21- a new monthly record, period.

Demand is actually continuing to grow. It's nuts, but hey, more gun owners means more pushback against legislative stupidity. I hope?
    Unfortunately most who own guns don’t know enough about them or the laws to know an assault weapons ban would mean their glock pistol mags would be illegal.
    im strong, i can run faster than train

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by Caballoflaco View Post
    Unfortunately most who own guns don’t know enough about them or the laws to know an assault weapons ban would mean their glock pistol mags would be illegal.
    You know what? It would suck, but a whole bunch of normies getting burned over this at what feels like a very vulnerable time may get the point across once and for all.

Chris

Quote Originally Posted by mtnbkr View Post
    You know what? It would suck, but a whole bunch of normies getting burned over this at what feels like a very vulnerable time may get the point across once and for all.

Chris
    I thought we were normal.
    There's nothing civil about this war.

Quote Originally Posted by farscott View Post
    Perusing my LGS, there is an interesting pricing event occurring. Lower-cost items like the S&W SD40 VE that used to sell for around $300 last year at this time now sell for $430 and are sold before hitting the display case. Glock pistols that sold between $500 and $600 are now going for close to $800. The Tisas 1911s are selling like mad for about $450. The SA 1911s are gone. Most of the Colt pistols are gone. Mil-Spec style 1911s are selling as fast as they hit the display case.

On the other hand, higher-priced items are seeing price drops and still are not moving. My dealer has a SiG 1911 STX (that is a high-end pistol for most of rural Alabama) that is not selling when priced at $1150 with ammo included, but a Glock 40 just sold for $900 with no 10mm ammo available for sale. Why? Last Glock in stock and distributor pricing is on the rise, and Glock === HD pistol. The panic buying has gone up another notch. The only handguns in quantity left are derringers, rimfire pistols, revolvers, and fancy 1911s.
    Exactly matches what I see locally. High dollar 1911s, and impractical revolvers (single action cowboy style guns and NAA micro revolvers) are mostly what is left.

User Tag List